Breaking stuff

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NYgymfan

So who here has ever managed to break something because you were doing gym stuff at home?

My gf was over at my house today and was demonstrating a skill in our living room and managed to knock over a table with some picture frames and a lamp on it! Everything except the table broke in some way or another. Now I know why her mom told her no flipping around the house!

Parents that have stories can reply too!

Little DD was doing cartwheels down the hallway she knocked a huge picture off the wall with her foot it smashed and there were shards of glass everywhere. Now it is back up on the wall, minus the glass (safer that way).

Kids seem to think the house is just an extension in the gym. After the broken toe on the kitchen table episode we banned all cartwheels, handstands etc in the kitchen.

We put mats in the basement for them to do basic gym on, but they have never been as popular as the sofa for backwalkovers!:D

In fact the safest place to do gym at our house is on the trampoline. Soft landings, no springs a net and no hard edges or decor!!!:eek:

i have never broken anything. I made sure by demanding that my parents take all fragile things out of the living room. I have however, slammed into the bookcase. Other that the living room (where my mat is) everything goes on outside on the trampolines. Luckily we have pretty good trampolines. Pretty bouncy and no nets!

dd2 was doing cartwheels and crashed into the wall once - her knee went right through the wall :eek:

I broke a lamp, um kicked people a lot, kicked walls, kicked the foosball table, kicked the fridge, brought my foot down on a table ouch, and the best one well its not the best cuz its not really good haha butMy mom was spotting me on aerials outside when I was maybe 9 ish? And I kicked her in the nose and broke it........ Oops Sorry Mom.

bruised my foot one day when i kicked a chair... pre-gymn i was doing maybe a cartwheel in my room and hit my bed and gashed open my shoulder on my bed stand. my mom used to say no flipping in the house but as i got better and more controlled she doesn't mind as much

We didn't break anything but one time we were doing a demonstration out of town so we stayed in a hotel and my best friend and I were cartwheeling down the hall to our room and we were doing hand-stand walks down the wall. Oh and at the movie theater there is this hallway to a few extra theaters and no one was in it but my BFF and I so we decided to do ROBHS down it, it was so fun! We couldn't stop laughing, LOL! :) Gymnastics add so much fun to everything :)

i was actually conditioning and training when i broke my elbow so i would stay in shape by running up and down the stairs. and you know of course gymnasts can flip and land on 4 inch beams but can trip while walking! so i was running and tripped and knocked a glass vase over and it smashed!

^^^^^

I run track so I know all about running up and down the stairs. Our rainy day workout is to sprint the length of the hall going to the back of the building on the first floor, sprint up the stairs, then to the front on the 3rd floor, the back down stairs. Gets tiring after about the 30th time!

But yes, so true about tripping while walking. My gf was just out of gym for over a month because she managed to fall down the stairs. She does awesome on beam but stairs were just too much for her!!

Did they make you pay for it?

When I cheered, I practiced basket tosses on the hotel bed before nationals one year. lol It was pretty fun.

I thought it would be a good idea to practise my beam routine on the brick wall in my garden ha ha. Luckily no breakages, only ripped off most of my skin lol!

I also thought it would be a good idea to practise split leaps in the hall- on wooden floor. I skited right down the hall (after landing) and knocked over a table thing, breaking three photoframes and a lamp. Mum was mad.....

And I know this one has nothing to do with gymnastics but it was hysterical:
My dad managed to pull the door handle off the door of a rental car so we superglued it back on lol....

I love doing split leaps or cartwheels down like grocery store aisles. If i'm the only person in the aisle ill do my floor routine or split leaps haha

When my DD was on pre-team over a year ago she was practicing her handstands against the wall. I had just got done telling her if she wanted to do them, fine, but I would have to take down a huge picture frame on that wall because it would move everytime she hit the wall. Within minutes of that "talk" ba-boom up on the wall in handstand and and CRASH the frame came down. I didn't mind all the glass, I was just glad it wasn't on top of her! Now she is trying to hold handstands and see how many times she can rotate while holding them and tonight she nearly stuck a foot thru the tv set! Guess you can take the gymnast out of the gym but never take the gymnastics out of the gymnast? What's a mom to do.

What I hate the most is that she has to take a bite of food, do a handstand and then swallow. I am scared to death she's gonna choke.

Hehe

Me and my BFF were doing some type of flips on her bed but somehow we both ended up flipping over and hitting the closet door, at the same time may i add. Her dad had to super glue the door shut and she couldnt use that side anymore, it was pretty funny but we felt bad.

Another time we were running down the hall in her grandmas house and when we got to the room we would dive roll onto the bed. At the time there was four of us, the first three were fine, then the fourth girl did it and her heel went through the wall!!:eek: Haha it was pretty funny, we all screamed though because the noise was soo loud.

The best part... It was her grandmas house.

We also like to take the bouncy balls in grocery stores and throw them to eachother in the aisles, one time i decided to throw the ball up, do a cartwheel and try to catch it, well the ball went up, and the aisle sign came down:eek:, needless to say we all ran!

hahahahaha

Me and my BFF were doing some type of flips on her bed but somehow we both ended up flipping over and hitting the closet door, at the same time may i add. Her dad had to super glue the door shut and she couldnt use that side anymore, it was pretty funny but we felt bad.

Another time we were running down the hall in her grandmas house and when we got to the room we would dive roll onto the bed. At the time there was four of us, the first three were fine, then the fourth girl did it and her heel went through the wall!!:eek: Haha it was pretty funny, we all screamed though because the noise was soo loud.

The best part... It was her grandmas house.

We also like to take the bouncy balls in grocery stores and throw them to eachother in the aisles, one time i decided to throw the ball up, do a cartwheel and try to catch it, well the ball went up, and the aisle sign came down:eek:, needless to say we all ran!

i remeber that!!! i have never done a flip near by closet again! [besid backwalkovers down the little hallway in my room lol]

I smashed a glass table with my foot when I was doing a cartwheel once! Whoops! Sorry!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back