MAG Brett McClure

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Very exciting. D has gotten the chance to work with him over the years. He really likes him. I can't wait to see him in action.

Very exciting. D has gotten the chance to work with him over the years. He really likes him. I can't wait to see him in action.
It is very exciting. He;s a great guy and a great coach. E has worked with him too. Brett has really seen him grow up. He will be happy for Brett, but sad that he won't still see him at the college camp he goes too. The Cal gymnasts and coaches helped at it as well.

Can someone explain exactly what that means?

Not sure we know for sure. What I do know: The US men have struggled more and more lately. The head coach at the USOTC resigned.

The articles are saying the Men's program committee decided on a new structure which includes the position being taken by Brett. The current Men's program coordinator, who did not reside in Colorado Springs was not a candidate for this new position. They are still looking for a head coach for the USOTC.

Overall, I think it means they are trying to revitalize the men's program. Brett McClure is amazing and I think can do just that.

Can someone explain exactly what that means?

Press release says "McClure’s responsibilities will include working with elite athletes, elite coaches and the Men’s Program Committee to develop and implement an international competition plan for the junior and senior national teams for 2020 and beyond." So maybe he will operate more like Liukin does on the women's side?

I wonder who will get the OTC job?

Reactions: sce
That's what I was wondering...how this is diff than the otc job and where he'd be based. Will he just attend camps and guide them from there?

That's what I was wondering...how this is diff than the otc job and where he'd be based. Will he just attend camps and guide them from there?
He will be based in Colorado Springs, but he will not be the OTC coach. Does sound more like the roll Liukin holds. I do wonder if he will implement some things like on the girls side. Camps that all national team members attend etc.

He will be based in Colorado Springs, but he will not be the OTC coach. Does sound more like the roll Liukin holds. I do wonder if he will implement some things like on the girls side. Camps that all national team members attend etc.

I think they already do that. I know that once a month or so they all go to the OTC for a long weekend. It will be interesting though, to see waht does change.

Reactions: sce
I think they already do that. I know that once a month or so they all go to the OTC for a long weekend. It will be interesting though, to see waht does change.
I wonder if the real changes will be a bit more long-term. How we build the younger ones into national team members when they are older.

And how do we add more college programs?

That is a challenge he that I know Brett and other college coaches have already been trying to address. I am sure it will continue to be of concern to him in this role, as he knows the sport has shrunk with the loss of college programs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back