Brief gymnix comments

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I had the joy of watching the Gymnix junior and senior cup today. Very, very cool. The US team was very strong, Jordan Wieber came 1st on all 4 apparatus and deservedly so, she is a powerhouse. Mikeala Gerber was lovely to watch as was Melissa Fontaine of Gymnix. There were so many Canadian girls I had a hard time working out who was who.

The little Russians were spectacular, but not up to the US girls. They are strong and very polished and will be interesting to watch.

Actually exchanged words with Sami Shapiro of AOGC, that girl is sooo charismatic and charming, she will go far in life whatever she does. A lot of presence for someone so young.

Elizabeth Price from Parkettes was very strong and she and her team mate placed well in the senior meet.

I didn't stay to watch the world cup tonight as the rugrats had had enough and that is the way it goes.

Finally had a Canadian Chalkbucket encounter with bgcmom109, who was there with her DD and her injured toe. They seemed to have a fun time ther eand it was lovely to meet them. Though I did feel a bit like a creepy stalker asking little gilrs with bandaged toes where their Mom was. Ah the world of the internet.

thanks for the update :)
wow Jordan Wieber sure did dominate
Sounds like you all had fun, and you even got to meet Samantha Shapiro :O lol that's so cool.

It really was a great weekend - we also watched the junior team competition which was taken by the US team, no surprise there, really but all the teams were very good and I was impressed by the Canadians. DD and a few of her teammates got to meet the US junior team in our hotel as they returned that night, take pictures & get autographs which was very cool for them, and me. She only wishes they'd had a chance to chat a bit, too...

Also the National Circus School was open for gymnast tours, which was a worthwhile diversion if anybody goes in the future...

Sounds like a great opportunity for some fun! I hear you about the kids not wanting to stay. Even time we go to a college meet, Dd is more interested in what food they have there!

I was just reading this and thought, "What!?!?! I'm going to watch the international girls on the flight after mine (Friday)!! I can't believe I missed it!" buutt then i realized this was from 2009. :p

LOL, Dunno this was from 2009. Gymnix 2011 is this weekend and I will be off to it on Sunday for the Internationl. No USA girls for the first time ever, boo hoo. BUt the Welsh team will be there, yipee, and they have some great talent.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cant wait to see how Angel and Venus do up against each other in the same age group!
You lucky thing :)

They are the ones I am most looking forward to seeing. Lizzie will be here too. Makes up for no USA for sure. It is a great meet. First time with no kids though, will be weird.

It looks like you are spot on, Lizzies name was on the list at some point, but now there are Venus and Angel and hen two girls i haven't heard much about, Gabriel Jupp and Raer Theaker. Can you tell me anything about them?

Thanks Galadriel, nice to see them both. A talented little pair for sure. SO Angel and Venus are not in the same level in the UK?

The Gymnix is a fun meet, on a podium and Montreal is a nice European city, hopefully they will get a chacne to see it. We are having a huge snowstorm right now so they are in for some true Canadian weather.

Yes, Angel and Venus are in the same level for the first time this year. Which is why it will be interesting! I think Angel has the edge for sure!

Thanks Galadriel, nice to see them both. A talented little pair for sure. SO Angel and Venus are not in the same level in the UK?

The Gymnix is a fun meet, on a podium and Montreal is a nice European city, hopefully they will get a chacne to see it. We are having a huge snowstorm right now so they are in for some true Canadian weather.

like right now as you type? arrrrgggghhhhh.

[/B]

like right now as you type? arrrrgggghhhhh.

Like right now! A massive snowstorm, followed by freezing rain, then rain, followed with more snow. Yee Ha. School is closed. It is a huge system travelling up the east coacst, my pal in the Carolinas tells me she has tornado warnings from the same system.

LOL, Dunno this was from 2009. Gymnix 2011 is this weekend and I will be off to it on Sunday for the Internationl. No USA girls for the first time ever, boo hoo. BUt the Welsh team will be there, yipee, and they have some great talent.

I will let you know how it goes.

okay...garble...garble...i'm still trying to get my foot out of mouth...CYMRU! LOL!:)

Angel and Venus are 1 year apart in birth year so last year Venus was a Junior and Angel was still an Espoir. This year they are both juniors and next year Venus will be a senior and Angel will still be a Junior. I hope you are enjoying watching them now as I type!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back