British Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xxStumpyxx

Proud Parent
Hi everyone

My oldest daughter (11) competes in the British Championships in the morning, we are on our way to Bolton Arena, wondering what tomorrow is gong to bring, how big the venue will be etc. I think it will be the experience of a lifetime for her.

Thanks guys, all over now, it was a great experience and a fantastic venue, great to be sharing it with The School Games.

My daughter got 2nd all round for her class, and is Junior champion on the bars and second on the floor, beam and vault. Her videos are on the BG website.

We enjoyed the experience but found the live scoring very weird, it sort of takes the anticipation out of it as you know who wins before the medal ceremony, it is also kind of nice that BG was showing live footage, a couple of team mates parents got gone calls of relatives (phones on silent of course) saying they can see them on the live feed.

Thanks guys, all over now, it was a great experience and a fantastic venue, great to be sharing it with The School Games.

My daughter got 2nd all round for her class, and is Junior champion on the bars and second on the floor, beam and vault. Her videos are on the BG website.

We enjoyed the experience but found the live scoring very weird, it sort of takes the anticipation out of it as you know who wins before the medal ceremony, it is also kind of nice that BG was showing live footage, a couple of team mates parents got gone calls of relatives (phones on silent of course) saying they can see them on the live feed.
That must be so cool- getting calls like that!

I just went to look on the BG website. What competition and class is she in?

She is easy to figure out, my daughter has physical disabilities and is in class 2 which is for physical and sensory disabilities, class 1 is learning difficulties. My daughter could compete against someone who is fine physically but has sensory issues which is not a fair competition but it is what it is

There are some great photos up on BG. I just wish that more clubs would get involved although I think the number is rising.

My daughter was one of those (the one of the beam) and her team mate was high fiving one of our coaches. Disability gymnastics is becoming more popular but it is still difficult for people like my daughter as she cannot enter as a Special Olympian as she has a physical dosability and not a learning one and the sport of gymnastics for daughter is more of a struggle due to the way her body is but she really loves it and is achieving more than we ever thought possible like a cicle over on the bars , using the high beam, her floor routines are improving but she will more than likely never her nice straight arms and legs and pointed toes.

I guess now you know what club my daughter goes to and who she is but I am ok with that as it is kind of hard to keep it a secret , just have to be careful what I post.

Well done to her, I hope she really enjoyed herself and you all had a great day.

It was a great experience, watching all the gymnasts perform and be close to the action, it was the first time I had been to a competition where the gymnasts wore their numbers on their backs and experienced live scoring (which I am not a great fan of) and seen and stop,wait and go light system for each event and also live streaming.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back