Broken bones!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

shawnjohnsonfan

So im in gymnastics, and i went to do a backhand-spring on the balance beam, and i was doing it for my 10589468069890683609 time, and i landed wrong, and i BROKE MY ARM AND LEG!
So can anyone tell me how to make it so that i dont hurt myself.

I should not have read that as i am learning back hand springs on beam right now! You just have to stay tight and jump straight back, and get a good push off your legs and don't bend your arms. This is gymnastics, you are going to get hurt doing things you have done a thousand times before. I believe that this is the most dangerous sport in the world, and some things you just can't really prevent.

Hi hope you feeling better unfort this sport is dangerous the best way to avoid getting hurt is to be prepared. im sure your coach worked through progressions for the skill and only removed spotting on the skill when you were ready but you also need to make sure ur prepared for any skill maybe visulising it through in ur head first helps you stayed focused on exactly what our going to do.

i can relate. I have competed a hand hand on beam since i was like 10, i'm now 15. I even competed a layout stepout last year, and just about 3 weeks ago i sprained my wrist kinda bad doing a hand hand. Don't know why, how, or how to prevent these xxxxxx things, but it happens.
I'm just wondering how the broken arm and leg thing is going...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell you how to prevent this, since I'm "just" a parent, but I'm sending prayers for quick healing, comfort, and no-more-injuries your way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back