Broken Foot Update!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So as some of you know, i broke my foot 6 weeks ago from yesterday. I went to the doctor and he was worried about displacement, so i had a MRI but didn't need surgery. Thank goodness! So he put me in a cast. I went for my two and four week checkups, and i get my cast off on Tuesday!! When i get it off, i will get put in a boot and i will get to stat physical therapy. I'm hoping to be back to full potential in mid may.
My toes are absolutely discusting. They have dry and peeling skin, not to mention the smell! If thats what my toes look like, what will my foot look like??? Well i will find out soon enough!!! I can't wait for tuesday!!! YAY!
:)

i especially can't wait because i have a tryout at a new gym whenever i get better. I am super excited for this, and i'm getting antsy about getting back to practice so i can prepare! My doctor is not letting me do anything, not even bars or basics, or anything!! It has been a long 6 weeks i'll tell ya! On the upside, i'm doing my two weeks of drivers ed now so that will be done!

Man you are so lucky! We aren't allowed to drive till we're 17...grrr.

Good luck in the new gym, you need to keep us all posted!

i especially can't wait because i have a tryout at a new gym whenever i get better. I am super excited for this, and i'm getting antsy about getting back to practice so i can prepare! My doctor is not letting me do anything, not even bars or basics, or anything!! It has been a long 6 weeks i'll tell ya! On the upside, i'm doing my two weeks of drivers ed now so that will be done!

I sorta know how you feel! I had an ankle injury that I've been dealing with since the begining of January. Of course mine isn't as bad as having a broken foot, but I was in a boot for three weeks and have basically missed my whole track season. I haven't been able to do any sports or anything like that for at least 4 or 5 weeks. I have to do p.t.with my ankle now and last week my p.t. said I couldn't run for at least another 3 weeks!:( Well anyways good luck with your foot, I hope it heals fast so you can get back to gymnastics!

So i got my cast hacked off today! The saw thing really wasn't as scary as i thought it would be. I was more worried when she had the scissors! :D So i got the cast tooken off, and the doctor looked at it and stuff. Then he pushed kinda lightly on the fracture sight, and it didn't hurt. On the way out, he took an x-ray to make sure everything was healing properly, and it is. So i had my cast tooken off at 8:00 this morning. Then i went to school. Right after school i went to drivers ed for 3 hours. Then i got home at around 7:30. Of course, i headed right for the bath! I couldn't wait to soak my foot! It didn't look too horrible, but once i got it in the water and started rubbing it, i had dead skin all over!
It feels so much better now that it is all clean. I get to start physical therapy probably on thursday. Maybe tomorrow. I am super duper excited!
I'm in a short boot. Of course, i had to try it out, so i walked around in the bathroom without the boot on, and i kinda tested some stuff out in the bath tub. I'm amazed by how good it feels! Its kinda funny. I broke my foot, but my ankle is what hurts. Everything in the back of my leg is so extremely tight! My ankle is so weak though. The first step that i took after i got my cast off, i almost fell flat on my face! My heel hurts way at the bottom where the calf muscle meets up with it, but i'm hoping that will get better as time goes on.
Well, there's my update! I'll put more on here as soon as i have more news!

That's so great that you got your cast off! I hope your leg loosens up. There is a girl at our gym who is just beginning to come back after a few back foot/ankle injuries, and she has been doing A LOT of strengthening excercises for her ankle. Are you allowed to go to gym and just stretch and condition? Anyway, I'll be praying for you.

Well, i just got done with my two weeks of drivers ed today (YAY!) so i haven't been to gym for 2 weeks. I'm going to be going 2 times a week, a doing physical therapy for the other 3. I can't do anything at gym besides conditioning and stretching, but i'm hoping that will change within the next week or so. I'm so excited to go to gym and see my coach and my friends. Especially since i'm most likely leaving, i want to be around them as much as i can.

well, gym has been going good and so has PT. My foot hardly ever hurts, but my ankle is a real pain. It hurts all the time and nobody knows why. I broke my foot not my ankle so what the heck is going on????:mad: Anyways, i did a bunch of strap bar stuff yesterday. I could barely make a kip!!! I guess thats what 2 months does to ya. Giants were no problem, but handstands... I'm glad that i get to start working some of that bars stuff. I am really getting antsy to come back. I just really wish my ankle would stop hurting!!!!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back