Parents Broken radius and ulna

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

007M

Proud Parent
Hi
my daughter broke both her radius and ulna 9 weeks ago - she came out of the cast a week ago and moved to a splint for 2-4 weeks....she is at the gym conditioning and just being with her team but i would love to hear from other parents who's kid has had a simliar injury and how long it took them to get their strength back - also im worried about what happens once splint comes off -
THANKS

My non-gymnast child had this injury and recovered completely. It took a while, maybe 2-3 months. This child had a long arm cast for a very long time, so regaining full mobility in the elbow took time.

My DD broke her radius (displaced fracture) and ulna (greenstick fracture) when she was 6 yrs old. Long cast for 2-3 weeks, short cast for 3-4 weeks, then splint. She was only in pre-team at the time. Even though she didn’t break it in the gym (it was a monkey bars fall), she was still pretty nervous to use the arm after the splint came off. I scheduled a couple of privates so she could get a little extra attention from her coach to re-gain skills. It didn’t take long. Maybe a month (?) after the splint came off and she was acting like it never happened. (She then went on to break her foot almost exactly a year later! That kid!!)

My DD also broke both of these when she was 6 and had just moved up to pre team 2 days before. She was also in a long cast, medium cast, then short cast. Was casted for about 3 months. She was back in the gym with a cast a week after the break. I had to put a stop to her on high beam lol. She loved bars so that was the hardest. Had a full recovery!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back