Coaches Bronze Bars Dismount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RMM21

Coach
Proud Parent
Is the underswing dismount (current level 3 dismount) still acceptable for bronze? Im confused about this based off of what I'm reading in the code of points book and a handout I received at a recent training. Also, if still acceptable, does it have the same value as cast off to stand?

Yes, it's allowed. There might be confusion because it's not listed on the Xcel Bars Divison Skill Chart of additional value part skills under dismounts. But it's not listed there because it is an element in the code, an A, so allowed and worth same as cast off.

Yes, it's allowed. There might be confusion because it's not listed on the Xcel Bars Divison Skill Chart of additional value part skills under dismounts. But it's not listed there because it is an element in the code, an A, so allowed and worth same as cast off.
Thank you!!

I have had a lot of problems with the underwing dismount because their heads always come out. I switched to squat-on stretch jump off because they aren't that hard to learn, it strengthens their legs to be able to stick other skills, and helps makes the eventual jump to high bar in gold way easier to manage.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back