WAG Bruising and bleeding from uneven bars?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD also went through a period of time when she would bruise/chafe in that area from bars. They would occasionally bleed just a bit. I also like the term hip rip. ;) She mostly got them when training KCHS and 'baby giants'. She started to cover the areas with large bandaids and began wearing thicker velour shorts - it helped, but it didn't really go away until she stopped doing so many of those skills. Good luck!

Get it checked out... this happened with my younger daughter and she had low iron levels and eczema (we knew about the eczema, but the combination of easily irritated skin combine with low iron led to easy hip rips). She just gets some liquid vitamins with iron in it now and it helps a lot. Also her coach will put a pool noodle around the low bar when she is working circling skills.

Simple solution that we have been using for years and years. Each year our little ones are seen in our gym working out with a neoprene back brace , they are cheap and you can get them at CVS. I don't sell them and have no affiliation to the following link, but here is an example. Simply put they wear them like little skirts for a few week and TADA, problem solved. They are usually very popular in level 5 summer training because of the baby giant. https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/...MIluvGwfm21gIVBKtpCh23Mw-dEAYYByABEgJoNPD_BwE Add the back braces seem to be a bit thicker than this one, it's just the very first thing that came up when I googled it. :)

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back