Coaches Building a Tumble strip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinklytoes9468

Coach
Proud Parent
e have been trying to get hold of a reasonably priced tumbling strip for a while, and I have just come across a website selling a 'kit' which supplies the springs and/or foam blocks, fixings to join the boards together, instructions and screws, cups for the springs etc.
I have priced up the wood (Russian birch plywood) from a local timber yard.So just need to source some foam bonded carpet
Am i missing something?- how hard can gluing blocks onto wood sheets be- the kit comes with full instructions I would of course get it checked by the company who do our annual equipment inspection, so we have covered out backs.It just seems too good to be true- and life experience tells me that usually means it is!

We built ours... even rented a forklift to get the birch off the truck...

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.15.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 2.15.36 PM.png

Yes... they are fastened with Velcro which we glued and stapled to the boards

I have built a prototype tumbling strip. I used sliced up pool noodles, some cast-off pieces of plywood from husbands work, industrial Velcro and some of those thick EVA yoga mats.My daughters have tried it out and it seems to work a treat!. I think if i put a red carpet strip on top and something to clip the layers together down the sides it would look quite professional.I will talk to the company that do our equipment safety checks and if they are agreeable, see about building a bigger version.
Why do i need birch ply?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back