Butterfly With A Double Twist On YouTube

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My passion, as many realize by now, is to see new skills performed in gymnastics. The sample page from my book Flip Outside The Box illustrates such a skill. For anyone who thinks it looks too difficult, watch this YouTube video I recently found of a male gymnast performing it. I must say that it would be easier to perform this skill as a dismount off of a balance beam as I've illustrated in my book. Enjoy! :)

YouTube - Double Cork, Butterfly Twist, Aerial Twist

Here's a tutorial demonstration for twisting a Butterfly

YouTube - butterfly twist tutorial

Flip Outside The Box :: Creative Women's Gymnastics Elements

You see these occasionally in men's floor routines. One of my level 8 boys is working on a full-twisting butterfly for his floor routine this season.

They do that all the time in wushu. But I would love to see it as a beam dismount as illustrated in LittleLady's book!

I must say that it would be easier to perform this skill as a dismount off of a balance beam as I've illustrated in my book.

The JO system requires a salto dismount (can take off one foot but it would still need to be inverted as far as I know)...I don't know about FIG but I guess I assumed it's the same, and I'm pretty sure NCAA would be the same thing.

There were guys doing this in town today!! I very nearly had a wee go myself, but then I decided not to LOL. It's an awesome skill.

I contacted USA Gymnastics in regard to the Butterfly Double Twist dismount off beam. The response about it being a legitimate dismount was, since it's not listed, and they haven't thought of it, it would have to be submitted to the RTC for evaluation. I hope this shines some light on this subject.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back