WAG BWO-BWO on Floor, Do you step-in?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

procmadz

Gymnast
My daughter competed at regionals yesterday and her coach told her for the first time ever that she was supposed to “step-in” in her BWO-BWO pass for it to count as a connection. Is this good advice, or not?

I'm not sure what you mean by "step in to the back walkover" but I can tell you how a connection is broken.
A) the body stops moving
B) the feet move/adjust between skills.
If she has a slow or inconsistent connection, she may not always get credit. It's a fine line.
However whatever her coach says is likely good advice.

“Step in” is pretty much landing one foot and landing the next foot right next to it. So when you start the second one both feet are together

My daughter competed at regionals yesterday and her coach told her for the first time ever that she was supposed to “step-in” in her BWO-BWO pass for it to count as a connection. Is this good advice, or not?
The bigger question is why this never came up prior to regionals. Was it the very first time she ever made that mistake? Seems unlikely to me.

not sure, but I don’t think so. the coach who gave her the correction is head coach, but hasn’t attended most practices for her training squad all year, so it might be something she caught that someone else didn’t?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back