WAG Calculating TOPs Scores????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlipMom

Coach
Proud Parent
So we are new to the world of TOPs and my DD just completed her first test! I understand how to calculate her score for abilities (xx/62), only because it is spelled out on the USAG website. But I'm not sure about the skills portion. Each event scores up to 24 points, are those all added together for a total possible points of 72? Then I read that abilities are 40% and skills are 60% at the state level, so do I need to adjust the points and how???

Let's say she scored 38/62 for abilities (I know rope and leg lifts points are calculated later I'm just putting a number up) and her skills scored 54/72 (again just a number), what would her score be? A 92? I'm kind of lost with the whole score thing!!!! Clearly!

Welcome to the world of TOPs, and congrats to your daughter on her first test. The score calculating can be confusing but the formula helps a lot! It seems like you already have a great understanding....most parents aren't as far along as you are on the first test. (PA)x.645 + (skills)x.833=total. Good luck to her this year! :)

The score example you said above would be a 69.492.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for clarifying that! I didn't realize the points were for a total of 100 points or I definitely would have known she was at 92 out of 100!! about a 70% makes sense, thanks again!

Just letting everyone know that I am back around. If you are interested in joining the TOPS social group, please send me a private message. PLEASE ADVISE: there are strict requirements that must be fulfilled before you will be invited. I'll explain more in our private conversations! (Oh, I emptied my inbox)

Just letting everyone know that I am back around. If you are interested in joining the TOPS social group, please send me a private message. PLEASE ADVISE: there are strict requirements that must be fulfilled before you will be invited. I'll explain more in our private conversations! (Oh, I emptied my inbox)[/

Welcome to the world of TOPs, and congrats to your daughter on her first test. The score calculating can be confusing but the formula helps
Welcome to the world of TOPs, and congrats to your daughter on her first test. The score calculating can be confusing but the formula helps a lot! It seems like you already have a great understanding....most parents aren't as far along as you are on the first test. (PA)x.645 + (skills)x.833=total. Good luck to her this year! :)

The score example you said above would be a
a lot! It seems like you already have a great understanding....most parents aren't as far along as you are on the first test. (PA)x.645 + (skills)x.833=total. Good luck to her this year! :)

The score example you said above would be a 69.492.
Thanks for the formula. Can I get an explanation of how you come up with the formula? That would be awesome.

Thanks for the formula. Can you explain how you figured that out? Thanks

The 'adjusted' score is going to be based on a scale of 100, 40% PA & 60% skills, or PA max points, 40 & skills max points, 60.

You know that there are up to 62 points awarded at state testing for PAs. To find the conversion factor, 62x=40, solve for x. x=40/62=0.645.

Same thing for skills, max points (72), times conversion = 60.
72x=60. x=60/72=0.833

Then you take your dd's for pa*0.645 and for skills*0.833 and add them together to get her adjusted score.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back