Parents Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bog, does gymrep do a lot in french?? Not that I care, and I actually think that would be great exposure...DS has a school immersion trip to St Donat next winter but DD switched schools before she got that opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bog, does gymrep do a lot in french?? Not that I care, and I actually think that would be great exposure...DS has a school immersion trip to St Donat next winter but DD switched schools before she got that opportunity.

ST Donat is right up the highway from Gymrep, we have a lot of girls on our team from there.

Gymrep is VERY French, I would say 90% of the girsl are French and about 95% of the coaches are, most of the coaches do speak English though and safety is very important there. They use hand signals a lot and the gymmies pick them up very quickly, the gym is outside and compact so it makes it easier to communicate.

Most of the activity monitors are from Europe and therefore do speak a lot of English. My girls say they hear a lot of Fench there, all the camp songs are French and the movie night and most of the evening activities are French. I love the French Immersion they get there.

Hopefully the weather picks up a little, it was rainy most of today.

yes, I've been keeping tabs on weathernetwork... stubborn DD never seems to be cold and did not pack much of anything for cooler weather...

I will also stop in Reading to buy some leos for the girls as they are hard to find up here.

Hi Bog ~ I live about 45 minutes away from the outlet and have never been there! I just never seem to have the time. I hear that you can really get great deals, especially in the adult sizes. My dd is at camp this week at our gym. This week is team week and they're working their butts off. Mostly conditioning this week. Next week the campers come in and there will be some fun things going on as well.

Have a safe trip down. I know how that Canadian border is, especially now that you need your passport. My family has a cottage up on Lake Huron and my mom goes up for the whole month of August. She's actually still a Canadian citizen.

Anyway, got a bit sidetracked there. Hope your girls enjoy camp!

Hi Bog ~ I live about 45 minutes away from the outlet and have never been there! I just never seem to have the time. I hear that you can really get great deals, especially in the adult sizes. My dd is at camp this week at our gym. This week is team week and they're working their butts off. Mostly conditioning this week. Next week the campers come in and there will be some fun things going on as well.

Have a safe trip down. I know how that Canadian border is, especially now that you need your passport. My family has a cottage up on Lake Huron and my mom goes up for the whole month of August. She's actually still a Canadian citizen.

Anyway, got a bit sidetracked there. Hope your girls enjoy camp!

Thanks, I am actually excited for the outlet, I have ordered stuff over the phone from them a few times and they are great, so I can't wait to get my hands on their suits and shorts. I will buy some extras to sell back at the gym as the Adidas stuff is not available here.

Sounds like your little one is having a lot of fun at her camp, she is training L5 now isn't she?

I am hoping the border will be quiet, but I won't hold my breath!:eek::rolleyes::D

Nope, Olivia is now officially training Level 6. She likes her coaches. They're a husband and wife from Romania. Her only complaint is that sometimes she can't understand them! I think it's going to be a good, strong year for her and her team. The shame of it is that they'll be re-learning some things that they learned improperly last year. Same gym, just different coaching methods. Doesn't make sense to me, you would think they'd all be taught the same way.

Good luck at the border and have fun at the outlets! Where will you be staying?

Nope, Olivia is now officially training Level 6. She likes her coaches. They're a husband and wife from Romania. Her only complaint is that sometimes she can't understand them! I think it's going to be a good, strong year for her and her team. The shame of it is that they'll be re-learning some things that they learned improperly last year. Same gym, just different coaching methods. Doesn't make sense to me, you would think they'd all be taught the same way.

Good luck at the border and have fun at the outlets! Where will you be staying?

That's interesting, maybe they could teach her Romanian too, my youngest learned most of her French through her coaches! Time sure does fly with our kids, I forget how long we have been here and that everyone's kids grow up, not just mine!:D

It is wonderful that they are perfecting her skills, she will look great. I certainly can believe the different coaching styles in the same gym. In the US there are a vast range of coaching skills, some qualified many not. You are very lucky to have coaches who have a style and philosophy that works.

We will Stey In DC for 4 days and Philly for two. Unless it get ridiculously hot and then we might take a day or two on the coast, but Hotwire is my best friend and I'll just look for a bargain! I am really looking forward to the trip as I have never been further down the eastern seaboard than New York.

Back on the camp thing, I ordrered gift packages to be sent to the girls from eswak, as the IGC store is not working, they seem to be a great deal and they get delivered to the girls at camp.

Lake Owen

My 9 yr old DD just got back from Lake Owen this past Saturday... They had a blast. Our gym took up over 30 girls so they got to have a VIP party as well... It seems like everybody had a great time and she did come back with a few new skills..

bhsbhs on beam, cartwheel, back tuck dismount from beam and back tuck on beam with spot on low beam.

Has anyone else's DD gone to Lake Owen?

My 9 yr old DD just got back from Lake Owen this past Saturday... They had a blast. Our gym took up over 30 girls so they got to have a VIP party as well... It seems like everybody had a great time and she did come back with a few new skills..

bhsbhs on beam, cartwheel, back tuck dismount from beam and back tuck on beam with spot on low beam.

My girls are going July 12th (week 6, I think?). Haven't gone before, but it sounds like everyone has a good time. Another girls from Beth's gym is going as well, so they should have fun!

My gymmie went for session#2. They also were a VIP team and had a fondue party down by the lake. This was her 2nd yr. going and she had a blast. Some of her favorite coaches from last year were back. She came back exhausted, but with less mosquito bites than last year! She also made some progress on some pretty big skills---double back off bars into pit and advanced to having mat put in pit, double fulls on tramp(consistently getting complete rotation) and the biggie---double backs out on the floor with a spot and mat.

Sounds like the girls are really getting alot in just 1 week!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back