Parents Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
my girls are at camp this week (they are just doing day camp part~ they do have overnighters too but younger dd is not old enough or ready)

anyhow younger dd got her back tuck and older dd got her back handspring!

and this is just day 1~ cant wait to see what happens the rest of the week

way to go!!!!

NO School?? when did your girls get out?? My DD doesn't finish school until the 23rd of this month. (she would have been out tomorrow but with the major ice storm here in the north east this winter they had to make up days as they were out almost a month)

Wow!!! What a great start to a week of camp. My DD is going in July. I am hoping for a back tuck and a lip :)

they got out last Tuesday
I am so glad they are loving this camp esp since oldest dd was sick this past weekend

cant wait o hear about the skills your dd's will get

Awesome!!! Beth's got Team camp at the end of this month, then they're both going to Lake Owen in July. Should be fun!
And the 23rd--wow that is so late! I thought my kids were out late--Beth's last day was last Friday.

That is great!!!! After 7 months on a tumbling block, my daughter is finally breaking down. At her half day camp yesterday she did over 20 robh in the resi with NO ONE around. That is a huge step for you. Here's to a successful rest of camp!

How do you like Lake Owen my dh co worker sent her dd to cheer camp there and a girl from our gym has goen to Lake owen as well

Camps are cool. I hope your girls are having a blast. Sam is at camp this week too. 2nd year at FlipFest. She went alone this year as opposed to with her team so she could hang out with Nastia. Also said that without knowing many people this year she could focus more on learning new stuff. Top notch camp with a great staff. Our experience there has been good.

Camps are cool. I hope your girls are having a blast. Sam is at camp this week too. 2nd year at FlipFest. She went alone this year as opposed to with her team so she could hang out with Nastia. Also said that without knowing many people this year she could focus more on learning new stuff. Top notch camp with a great staff. Our experience there has been good.

wow that would be cool to hang out witg Nastia

My daughter is at FlipFest this week as well. This is her 1st time going there. I haven't heard from her yet and I am dying. LOL!

My daughter is at FlipFest this week as well. This is her 1st time going there. I haven't heard from her yet and I am dying. LOL!

I'm right there with ya! Boo is at Flip Fest for the first time (first camp ever, for that matter) this week, too, and I haven't heard a peep! I'm hoping that means she's having too much fun to worry about calling me. LOL

wow lots fo first time campers this is my girls first camp ever too but since younger dd is not old enough fo rovernight camp (needs to be 8 and she is 7)
they are just doing day tho she says next year she will (she has only spent 1 night away from me or her dad before at my paretns house 3 min away LOL)

she has only been away from me for 4 noghts total and that was when I had baby and when I was in the hosp from influenza preg at the time)

soo well see if she does ok next year I better get her used to sleeping away

Yes, that is my thought as well. I sent a text to her coach asking her to to call me tonight. LOL

How fun for them!! I'm sure they'll have a blast! Abby wanted to go to camp so much this year, but we just couldn't do it. Hopefully we will be in a better position next summer.

MGM---sounds like your dds are having a great time at camp and working on some new skills.

My gymmie is at Lake Owen this week with over 20 girls from her gym plus a few coaches and parents. They get the VIP Team party. Haven't heard much from her except some questions about what to buy---sweatpants vs. t-shirt vs. leo. She did throw in that she would be working double back dismounts off bars into the pit today.

We thought about summer camp this summer but I just don't think Pixie is ready. OR maybe mom just isn't ready ;)

She wanted to go to camp but just a day camp. That would mean a lot of driving for me. I put a lot of thought into it but in the end just decided to wait and try next summer. Besides this summer her gym is providing the option of going for 4 1/2 hrs and she's doing that. It's a somewhat camp atmosphere.

Two of Pixie's coaches will be coaching for a week at Lake Owen. Our girls were encouraged to go but it's too far (she'd have to fly by herself) and Pixie is just too young for that yet.

Last edited:
We thought about summer camp this summer but I just don't think Pixie is ready. OR maybe mom just isn't ready ;)

She wanted to go to camp but just a day camp. That would mean a lot of driving for me. I put a lot of thought into it but in the end just decided to wait and try next summer. Besides this summer her gym is providing the option of going for 4 1/2 hrs and she's doing that. It's a somewhat camp atmosphere.

Two of Pixie's coaches will be coaching for a week at Lake Owen. Our girls were encouraged to go but it's too far (she'd have to fly by herself) and Pixie is just too young for that yet.

Our kids have to fly to get to Lake Owen also. Maybe you could arrange for a group to go next year at the same time the coaches from the gym are there. We also had some parents do the Parent to Camp program, so the girls have plenty of "guidance" while at camp.

Our kids have to fly to get to Lake Owen also. Maybe you could arrange for a group to go next year at the same time the coaches from the gym are there. We also had some parents do the Parent to Camp program, so the girls have plenty of "guidance" while at camp.

What is the "Parent to Camp program"?

Parents are hired for different positions in the camp with payment for your child being a reduced rate.
1. Cabin mom or dad in the junior camper cabins
2. Office staff
3. Camp store
4. Kitchen help
5. Housekeeping help
6. and My personal favorite and position at Lake Owen. CAMP NURSE. DD actually goes at no cost, but I am on call 24 hours a day and at times I think that worked harder than at my real job. Waiting to go in July.

Barb

How fun for them!! I'm sure they'll have a blast! Abby wanted to go to camp so much this year, but we just couldn't do it. Hopefully we will be in a better position next summer.

We sold LOTS of stuff on Ebay to come up with the money for Alex to go to camp. She leaves on Sunday and comes back next Thursday. It is at the college that her older brother will be attending this fall. Southeast Missouri State University. She is soooo excited. This is her first camp ever and she is doing the overnight camp. She is 9 and is always spending the night at friends houses so I don't think she will be homesick or anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back