WAG Can I post this? 3yr old gymnast on Ellen

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard real fast........ok. So yeah, that little one worries me too. I know elites start young and move quickly but some of that does seem unnecessary at that age to reach their goals.

So many parents just cannot resist the urge for internet fame. But they have no idea about the dark side to it. Nasty, creepy and ugly. Even for adults fame is not the nice thing that people think it is. Really kids should not be out there. There is a reason we talk about f'ed up child television stars. That is because fame ruins childhoods, usually because of overzealous parents.

Toss in a few coaches who think they found the next Simone, and you get a whole generation of this.

Thank you. I am super creeped out by all the instafameseekers who post fish faces and questionable poses of their 5 year old. Like really- do you realise what audience enjoys that stuff? Yes all the silly 16 year olds think its cute but so do all those men who are not signed in/never comment. Whatever ups you likes and followers I guess, ignorance is bliss.

Thank you. I am super creeped out by all the instafameseekers who post fish faces and questionable poses of their 5 year old. Like really- do you realise what audience enjoys that stuff? Yes all the silly 16 year olds think its cute but so do all those men who are not signed in/never comment. Whatever ups you likes and followers I guess, ignorance is bliss.
I can't tell you how many creeps have tried to subscribe to my boring family channel.......when you check their activity, it's truly terrifying. All I can do is block them or post private.

Ouch, the last 50 seconds made me cringe so much! I know my DD's history made me super sensitive to everything back-related, but 12 backbends in a row can't be healthy for a 4 year old.
Our optionals don't even do that.... max we do is 10 (we do sets)...

I just got to the point where I would post my videos for a few days only, I did not tag them in any way. Set them to private, viewable through the link only.
So then you delete even the private ones? If so why? Just wondering, because all of ours are, "unlisted" and private, I thought that was safe. Am I missing something? Do you recommend deleting those too?

The thought of putting any of my children's videos (of them doing anything) on Youtube terrifies me. I like Vimeo. I can password protect my dd's videos and share them with a select group of family/friends. If I post the video somewhere more public (which I have done a couple of times) then I can use a temporary password and change it after a few days.

So then you delete even the private ones? If so why? Just wondering, because all of ours are, "unlisted" and private, I thought that was safe. Am I missing something? Do you recommend deleting those too?

Just no need to keep them there once the targeted audience had seen them.

However none of my kids were looking for recruitment offers. Older and higher level gymmies certainly benefit from having their meet/skills videos online. But no kid under twelve does.

What I want to know is why do they have her doing skils on the high bar? 100% unnecessary.

There are regularly four year olds on the high bar at my daughter's gym. It is a matter of bar space - if all the four year olds waited to use the low bar they wouldn't get much bar time. There is usually one on the low bar and one on the high bar working from a box. Or two on each bar if they are just doing chin ups. I have never seen it be an issue but there is always a coach within spotting range.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back