MAG Can the world championships be watched on TV/cable?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Or only online? Thanks.

From: http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/09/28/gymnastics-world-championships-broadcast-schedule/

Day Time (ET) Network Event
Monday, Oct. 2 2 p.m. USAGymWorlds.com U.S. Men’s Qualifying (LIVE)
Wednesday, Oct. 4 7 p.m. USAGymWorlds.com U.S. Women’s Qualifying (LIVE)
Thursday, Oct. 5 7-10 p.m. Olympic Channel Men’s All-Around Final (LIVE)
Friday, Oct. 6 7-9 p.m. Olympic Channel Women’s All-Around Final (LIVE)
Saturday, Oct. 7 1 p.m. USAGymWorlds.com Apparatus Finals (LIVE)
2-5 p.m. NBC All-Around Finals
5-8 p.m. Olympic Channel Apparatus Finals
Sunday, Oct. 8 1-4 p.m. NBCSN Apparatus Finals (LIVE)

Not able to watch very well or comfortably on computer, that is why I was hoping to find it on cable, but thanks for that info.

So the reason I could not find the listing was that my Comcast guide is not bringing up anything when I put in "gymnastics" or "World Championships."

Based on info above, I did find that according to my comcast guide, Mens AA final is listed as happening on the Olympic channel as listed above. So I will be dvring that. It also looks to me that the Womens prelims is listed, but the listing is confusing so not sure. Definitely only AA final for mens. Instead of more Worlds coverage, they are choosing to run decades-old Olympic women's footage and a rerun of women's P&G. I have not had time to check for event finals coverage to see if that matches info above, I will do that later.

Also NBC info for Sat. says they are only showing the women's final, not mens.

It appears NBC Sports is not showing gymnastics at all? This week, NBC sports channel is showing poker and car auctions (?) for hours, (among other things- nascar, hockey, football talk shows) but no gymnastics listed at all, not even WAG. It is truly sad to think the world championships in gymnastics is of less interest than poker and car auctions.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Here is an overview:

Not able to watch very well or comfortably on computer

Have you ever tried casting from the computer to your TV? We have a google chromecast and have used it pretty successfully in the past to watch men's gymnastics events that weren't televised.

And yeah, poker and car auctions over gymnastics? I just don't get it...

Thanks, our tv is pretty old and have no idea how to do that, but will look into that.

Last night I did find more coverage on the Olympic channel to dvr.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back