WAG Can you skip level four?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Maegannn

Gymnast
So I was wondering if you are allowed to skip level 4 and move straight up to level 5? Because I was in Xcel gold and moved gyms and is training with the level 4s and they just finished a season and I’m wondering if i get all the skills for lvl 5 could I just compete that or would I be required to do level 4.

So I was wondering if you are allowed to skip level 4 and move straight up to level 5? Because I was in Xcel gold and moved gyms and is training with the level 4s and they just finished a season and I’m wondering if i get all the skills for lvl 5 could I just compete that or would I be required to do level 4.

There are options at certain ages. How old are you?

Level 4 is the first JO compulsory level that you actually have to have a minimum mobility score for. All other levels are not necessarily needed. That being said, my DD1 “skipped” a full season of L4 after she did Gold. It only takes a one time score of at least 34 to get to Level 5. My DD was able to get her mobility scores in the off season and went from Gold to 6. There aren’t a lot of gyms in my area that even have a L5 team. Usually, it’s 2 years of L4 and some gyms do L4 and the XG and then L6.

Just turned 13!
Well, that's awesome. I think you have to be older to do the petition to the higher levels, so you would have to score out of L4.

And unfortunately, you are too young to be here as you have to be at least 16. you can still read replies to your thread, and can come back when you are old enough.

Good luck!

You’re not supposed to but mine did. She moved from Xcel silver and immediately competed level 5 without my realizing that was against the rules. After the fact I found out but there was no going back then! That was in 2015 I believe. There may be better systems in place for tracking that now, though, so could be risky for athlete and gym to do that. Best to play by the rules and do one score out meet. I’m not sure why our gym was willing to take that risk but they did- with two girls actually. Mine and one other who did the same thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back