Parents Can your kid just come to your car after practice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you need to go to the gym door to pick up you kid

• Yes I need to physically show myself my kid is >16

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our gym had an incident with a transient groping one of the girls as they were making their way to their parents car, so I can understand why the gym would have a policy like that.
Could you elaborate? Because I’m curious how a transient groping occurs.

mostly a rule for younger rec kids that would go out into the parking lot to their parents car and I was honestly worried they would get run over....or sometimes kids would wait outside in the dark corner at night for their parents (I have no idea why).
I get the littles. Our gyms parking lot has a line of parking with a side walk and then a line of parking where you have to cross the driveway. Now that my kid is older I never take spots with the sidewalk. I leave those spots for the parents with little kids. To me it’s just common sense.

Could you elaborate? Because I’m curious how a transient groping occurs.
The quote from the gym owner: "One of the homeless individuals walked over, reached up, sexually grabbed one of my students and took off down the road,"

I wasn't there, didn't see it myself, but there were multiple witnesses that saw it happen and parents helped the police track down the individual that did it.

We still aren’t physically allowed in the gym with COVID protocols in place unless it is for the purpose of using the restroom. For Rec classes, you have to physically walk up to the exit and pick up your kid. There are one way entrances and exits, so you drop your kid off at the front desk in the lobby for check in and pick them up at a dedicated exit door inside the gym. Team kiddos are free to leave as they please. We are in a rural area, gym is a mile off of a main road and shares a parking lot with a business that is 9-5, so not open during the times we do pick up. No risk for crime or anything like that. We are also a smaller gym and everyone knows everyone, we have multiple families with siblings on team, and we all look out for each other’s kids.

Pre-COVID I used to go into the lobby and wait for my daughter to come out. There were also several parents that would just drive by the front. The girls could sit in the lobby and watch for cars out front - then go out when they see their parents.

Ever since COVID, there is a carpool line. You drive by for pick up and one of the coaches is out there and announces what gymnast(s) need to come out. I admit it's kind of nice!

But in neither situation did we have to notify the coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back