Parents Canadian gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RTT2

Proud Parent
I have a Canadian friend (Ontario) who is interested in having her daughter do competitive gymnastics- she's currently in a rec program. This friend has asked me a number of questions about gymnastics programs, but I'm not sure if the system is the same as the US. Does Canada do Xcel and the Development Program, or do they call it something different? Is there a meet scores site for Canadian gyms?

Hi, We are in Quebec province so it may be a bit different. Here we have regional gymnastique ( seems a bit like excel, less hour) and provincial gymnastique ( JO 4-8) and after that national gymnastic ( JO 9-10). We seems to have less competition ( from 2 to 4 each year). Hours seems a little bit less here ( my daughter is a L7 and does 16 hours).

Xcel is newer here but we do have it. Otherwise, our provincial program follows the JO/development levels.

We definitely have fewer competitions than it seems you do in the US.

Scores can be found on the gymnastics Ontario site under “results”. They used to be easily accessible in beyond the scores but that doesn’t exist anymore.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back