Parents Canadian meet scores?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RTT2

Proud Parent
I asked this question in a slightly different way last year but am still trying to figure it out. I have a friend in Canada who has a daughter just starting out. She is trying to figure out if her gym will be competitive in the upper levels if her kid continues in that direction. I could point her to resources in the US for meet scores and figuring out how many upper levels a gym has but can't find the same in Canada. Any Canadians have better insight?

Depends on the province, as they tend to use different scoring websites, lol. As far as I know we don't have anything national like mymeetscores, but if you know the province I could probably help point you in the right direction.

Depends on the province, as they tend to use different scoring websites, lol. As far as I know we don't have anything national like mymeetscores, but if you know the province I could probably help point you in the right direction.
Quebec. She's not on here and I have no connection to this gym, so I'll throw out that it is Forest City Gymnastics.

The results are on the Gym QC website. They are not "live", but they are posted within a few days of the meets. Fyi, regional meets are not posted on there. Meet season has just started, so there isn't much on there yet for 2022-2023, but you'll find all the previous seasons in there. I imagine that national competition results are posted on the Gym Can website.

Not sure what the results have been for that club, I'll leave that to you :). However, I see that gym is in London, Ontario. This puts it a little further out from the biggest gyms closer to Toronto, but not by much, so they would need to ensure that they are competitive to keep gymnasts from jumping to another gym nearby. Looking at their website it appears that their practice hours for competitive team are medium to lower for Ontario (15-20 versus 25+) however I don't think that is a bad thing. Often super high hours can lead to burn out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back