Parents Cancelled Practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We had practice shortened by two hours last Saturday. Apparently there was some horse race on......

No refund, no apology, no make up.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that would Make me mad.. Like you said .. This is expensive as it is .. It would feel like I was throwing my money away . Especially if it was something like the coach was sick

But it's true when your kids go to daycare you pay whether they go or not .. At least here you do . ( I know it's not the same thing & it's still aggravating )

Lol I remember when I had my kids in day care on my day off I wanted to take them cause it was paid .., I know that's bad

Well I'll tell u what is aggravating ,, the coach showing up 30 minutes into a hour practice and having a team girl or another coach fill in. It's not fair to anyone .

How much notice did you have? We have changes in schedule more than cancellations, though sometimes during meet season, a practice right before a meet will be cancelled. But there is enough coaching capacity on both sides that if it's not a break in advance of a meet, a practice can happen, even if it's not with the regular coaches.

Really? So you pay even if the coach decides not to hold practice.

I think I am having a very hard time with that. I run a preschool, and if I have to close the preschool for any reason, the parents don't pay. (snow days/flood days/etc).

Our preschool never gave us a refund when it was closed! We had to pay even when they closed the place for a week every summer.

We don't get make-ups or refunds for missed gym practices either. It's in the contract. But practice is not cancelled very often.

We usually have at least 3-4 days. And if you've been around long enough, you kind of know that something will be coming -- for instance, when the notice came out tonight about practice changes next weekend, it was no surprise that something would change because of JO Nationals.

We don't get refunds for cancelled practices, but we don't get charged if an extra practice gets added for the boys. (Doesn't happen on the girls' side, though sometimes a practice time is changed.) If a girl or boy has to miss a scheduled practice, the coaches are usually OK with the kid coming in on a different day if there's a suitable group with which s/he can work.

Well I've been told that the coach cancelled because he was sick .. But was seen at the movies . I understand things happen , but when it becomes habitual .. Well that's a problem .

We are at gym 5 days a week. I don't think the problem is paying for canceled practices. I mean, I figured it up, we pay about $3.25 per coaching hour per month. I wouldn't even think about asking for a prorate for a weather day or coach out sick day IF it was an occasional occurrence! However, if it was frequent (more than 3 times a month, excluding practices before a meet) I would be looking for a new gym to take all my $$ to bc their is probably a deeper seeded issue going on there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back