Parents Cancelled Practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And over by us, there are currently five coaches out of the gym for nationals -- and everything was normal schedule. However, there's no open gym for the girls this weekend, and the L4 boys are coming in on a different day for their second practice.

Practice is rarely cancelled. If it is on occasion our girls can usually join another group, either that day or another day. The kids also usually get a free practice (called "last touch") before a meet if it falls on a day they don't usually train. It all works out.

I guess if practice was bring cancelled often I'd talk to the HC (who is also the owner) to see what was going on. I know she wouldn't want her team to miss practice if it could be helped, so she'd try to put something in place for those contingencies. We'd never get a refund - the fixed cost of operating the gym is high i.e. much of the cost happens whether a particular group is training or not. The amount that would be saved by not having to pay the coach that cancelled on that missed practice day is so negligible when shared among the team members, it would be silly to refund it.

Seven years at my kid's gym and we have never had a practice cancelled at short notice, if a coach is sick or away- another coach fills in, kids may get shuffled to another training group for that night, but hc always finds a way to make it work.
Practice times may be changed if there is a meet on, or if one coach is going on vacation - but we are always notified well in advance. If the changes mean less training hours well then we are also charged accordingly

non cancelled practices here - another coach steps in - sometimes its a college/high school kid - but for the upper level kids they still get conditioning and practice on skills they already know. Believe me, we had a complete disappearance of the boys coach ( can't get into it) right before meet season this year - co-owner and women's HC made it work without the boys missing a single practice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back