Parents Cancelled Practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Not sure many of you have to deal with this very often, but I thought I would ask.

If your gym cancels practice (or just your "team" that you are on), do you get a refund/prorate?

Well neither do I ! Actually my sons Mondays class got cancelled all together .. .. They are having problems keeping a coach . Now he has to go to a tumbling class to make up .

No make ups for returns if a practice is cancelled.
Really? So you pay even if the coach decides not to hold practice.

I think I am having a very hard time with that. I run a preschool, and if I have to close the preschool for any reason, the parents don't pay. (snow days/flood days/etc).

I think I am having a very hard time with that. I run a preschool, and if I have to close the preschool for any reason, the parents don't pay. (snow days/flood days/etc).

That doesn't seem fair.. We had some snow days and our gym had " make up" classes instead of just free open gym .

Our boys class was 2x a week . So the kids who only go once got to go to the other class .. Since my son goes 2x he got to go to the tumbling class. Other than that it's open gym .

No make ups or refunds/prorate for canceled practice here either. Current gym hardly ever cancels though. Old gym did all the time - no make ups or prorates there either.

You'd probably change your feelings on this if you found yourself operating a successful daycare center and funneled the profits into a a small group of high achievers who's hourly rate is about 40% the per hour rate of the other kids.

No make UPS for cancelled team practice. But if a rec class is cancelled they have a "make up" class on Sat. specificly for cancelled class or if you were sick. But you have to sign up for it. The 1st 25 or so kids who sign up for it are allowed.

Ok. So take acts of nature out..we all get those. I still think there should be a make up/prorate policy. This is an expensive sport and when I pay for a service, I expect to get it.

What about
*coach unavailable to coach
*coach not showing up

Should those be prorated? no coaches are being paid.

I do run a successful preschool whose profits are funneled into the school to fund the K-5 school better. So, I do get it.

Thankfully though our gym is pretty good about makeups .. I know last semester they only did free open gym for makeup and that just equals to playtime .

Shoot my sons class was cancelled all together .. We are getting switched to another class ., I would be livid if they said " sorry no makeup "

At the gym already 4 to 5 days a week. At this point, a cancelled practice is a gift of a little bit of downtime!

I get that..I am enjoying the 3 days off this week, but I am paying someone for me to be home with my kiddo.....work schedule has to change, etc. I can do it, but I am just wondering if I should be asking for a prorating for the days we are missing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back