Cassandra Whitcomb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2012_olympics

Cassandra Whitcomb has deside to retire from elite gymnast she will train as a level 10 gymnast for the rest of the season in prepartion of starting her college gymnastics career. :(

This is a very wise choice for her. She will do great in NCAA and her body will do much better without the pounding of Elite skills and the never ending training camps.

I love Cassie and she is a very good gymnast. This is a very smart decision for her. It will better prepare her for the NCAA level. She'll be a great addition to UCLA! Ijust feel bad for the level 10s competing against her. :p hehe

It is going to be so fun to watch Cassie in the NCAA environment. We have been watching some of last year's meet on Gymnastike. I think most girls join gymnastics with Olympic rings in their eyes but if more kids watched the meets of colleges going head to head, with your teammates cheering you on at the edge of mat, crazy hair and tiger paw tattoos, it would do a world of good for bringing fun to the sport. DD watched a Gators meet and was amazed. Over the holidays, her grandparents said something about their future Olympian and she said, no way. I want to be a Gator. LOL. During the Visa's she held up signs for Zam bc Vanessa looked like she was having the most fun. It will be awesome to see Cassie with a big smile and a team screaming for her.

I think most girls join gymnastics with Olympic rings in their eyes but if more kids watched the meets of colleges going head to head, with your teammates cheering you on at the edge of mat, crazy hair and tiger paw tattoos, it would do a world of good for bringing fun to the sport.

I agree - my daughter enjoys watching Big 10 meets on TV (it's what we have access to around here) - she always comments that they're having so much fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back