WAG Cast flyaway problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everybody I am a level six gymnast and I usually do very well at meets. That is until about last week, when my old fear of a flyaway came back. I used to completely not do it, then I got it! I had to compete the cast flyaway so I got that about two months ago, the I got scared again! I have a meet this weekend and I need it back by tonight if I'm going to do the dismount! I would just like some tips and things you do to not have so much anxiety when doing the skill! I'll post again tonight if I get it back! Right now I really believe I will do it but tonight at bars I probably won't again.

Don't think of it as a skill, think of it as a tap and release point (or timer). At my gym we do not call them flyaways, we call them tap timers... In other words if you get up and do a really nice tap and release in the correct shape, it will create the skill. Hope that helps.

Don't think of it as a skill, think of it as a tap and release point (or timer). At my gym we do not call them flyaways, we call them tap timers... In other words if you get up and do a really nice tap and release in the correct shape, it will create the skill. Hope that helps.

Thank you I really think it will! It is also giving me something else to think about other that things that could go wrong.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back