Catching high bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Libby's gym mom

Proud Parent
My dd is 7 , 8 next May .
Question is when does my dd need this skill for as she has a fear problem . Would it be next October for level 5s , sorry I'm still learning x

For the majority of regions in the UK, squat on is first needed for Level 5- so next October for your daughter.

this year our level 5s did loop bar at grades and at voluntaries next month will be doing upstart, cast (as close to handstand as poss), back hip circle, squat on, jump to high bar a baby giant or 2 then straddle or pike undershoot dismount.

Next year's level 5s pretty much have most of those voluntaries skills already apart from the upstarts which they are still working on.

The routines for our level fives is similar to that too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So she would need to squat on and catch for voluntary level 5 next September/October.

Although I think most of our level 5's have those skills already, I don't see them spending a lot of time training the jump. They very much focus on the single bar skills and are a long way ahead of where they need to be on those.

I guess the jump will get easier as they grow, whereas skills like giants and cast handstands wont, so they try and get ahead where it counts.

Do you do voluntary level 6 comps in your region? Is it something they want to put into her level 6 routine?

Squat on catch isn't needed until voluntary level 5 which is in October in our region.
Club grade 6 (newish next year) is single high bar
Compulsory 5 is metal bar in gloves and loops

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back