CDC reports outbreak of COVID-19 delta variant at Oklahoma gymnastics facility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Honestly, I believe you can find a scientific study that will prove whatever point you are trying to make. Data can be manipulated. I’m done with the masks unless required by a doctor’s office or business, and I will respect that decision. A vaccine is readily available to those who want it and we all have the freedom to choose to stay home or to go out. And based on the number of maskless people I saw on vacation and the mass migration of people leaving the restrictive states and creating housing shortages in the south where we are open, I’m guessing the vast majority are.

Honestly, I believe you can find a scientific study that will prove whatever point you are trying to make. Data can be manipulated. I’m done with the masks unless required by a doctor’s office or business, and I will respect that decision. A vaccine is readily available to those who want it and we all have the freedom to choose to stay home or to go out. And based on the number of maskless people I saw on vacation and the mass migration of people leaving the restrictive states and creating housing shortages in the south where we are open, I’m guessing the vast majority are.
I am extremely skeptical that significant numbers of people are packing up their lives and moving to another state over mask regulations

I am extremely skeptical that significant numbers of people are packing up their lives and moving to another state over mask regulations
People are leaving my state in droves. Is it masking? Yes as in it is a symptom of arbitrary rules that wouldn’t know science if it bit them in the backside. Add in ridiculous taxes and host of other things.….. we are actually counting the days. I just won’t move my kid in high school.

I think the bigger reason your seeing people leave big cities is that their employers have allowed them to continue to work remotely even after lock down was lifted, so why not move out of the city where they can have more space and have a lower cost of living.

I think the bigger reason your seeing people leave big cities is that their employers have allowed them to continue to work remotely even after lock down was lifted, so why not move out of the city where they can have more space and have a lower cost of living.
Not the city they are fleeing the state.

We are in the process of buying/selling and our realtor has confirmed this. He has had several clients from New York and California buy homes here now that they are able to work remotely. And the reason they give for leaving is to escape the lockdowns and tougher restrictions in those states. The problem is that it’s causing a shortage of available homes and the price of homes here have skyrocketed.

We are in the process of buying/selling and our realtor has confirmed this. He has had several clients from New York and California buy homes here now that they are able to work remotely. And the reason they give for leaving is to escape the lockdowns and tougher restrictions in those states. The problem is that it’s causing a shortage of available homes and the price of homes here have skyrocketed.

Interesting. I had considered selling my home in the spring and the realtor I worked with said people were relocating because they could continue to work for home. A salary for a company based in an area with a higher cost of living buys more house and land in an area with a lower cost of living. She said many were putting in bids without inspection clauses or even before they had even seen properties in person because they could afford to fix up the properties etc.

@ego248 yes it’s absolutely crazy. They are selling their homes and then are able to pay cash for the new ones and are buying them sight unseen and waiving all contingencies, including home inspections. Many realtors are doing FaceTime and walking through the homes so they can get an idea of the layout. We lost a bid on one because the other buyers waived the home inspection, which we still aren’t willing to do. It’s just wild that they aren’t just leaving the large cities, but actually moving several states or in some cases, across the country. If it were just about leaving the bigger cities for more space, I’m sure they could find in their home states.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back