Coaches Ceiling height

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipsrus

Coach
Proud Parent
What's the minimum ceiling height for a recreational program? I've been told 12 ft for tumbl trak and 15 ft for uneven bars but that seems pretty high for rec kids.

It just depends on what you are trying to do.

We are 18' clear in one part and 20' clear in the other. Actual roof height of those are 20' and 22'. We have a string bed trampoline in-ground in the low section and it's fine. If we were 15' or 12' we would slam the rafters... either way. I would never go those heights... but that's just me.

We have clubs by us that have some of their recreational area under a 10' ceiling... but they also have other areas with a 20' ceiling.

How high is the ceiling that you are trying to do recreational gymnastics under?

14 ft to the joists

You could easily do most things in a low level recreational program in 14'.

What ages and what type of skills are you looking to do? I've had recreational kids working giants in a strap bar and double backs on a trampoline. 14' would be too low for that.

We have 7M’s I think, so that’s 22 feet. It might be more. But even just for rec I’d want at least 17 feet.

Even the rec kids are jumping very high on the spring bed trampoline, doing cast handstands on high bar and giants on the high strap bar.

You could easily do most things in a low level recreational program in 14'.

What ages and what type of skills are you looking to do? I've had recreational kids working giants in a strap bar and double backs on a trampoline. 14' would be too low for that.
All the gyms I've worked in have had 30+ft ceiling height so it's hard for me to picture. But this gym would be for preschool, rec, and xcel bronze-gold. So no giants, cast HS, etc on bars. Tumble trak hardest skills would be roundoff BHS back tuck.

All the gyms I've worked in have had 30+ft ceiling height so it's hard for me to picture. But this gym would be for preschool, rec, and xcel bronze-gold. So no giants, cast HS, etc on bars. Tumble trak hardest skills would be roundoff BHS back tuck.

14' would be fine for kids of those levels. You could still easily work cast HS on low rails.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back