Off Topic cell phone and internet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So now days cell phones are everything internet..calling..texting and all that good stuff. How many people here have all that on there phone?

I do because I pay the bills, however my kids do not have cell phones as they are 11 and 14 and have no jobs!

My 18 year old who is away at college got a cell phone when he moved away, he pays for it himself.

I have a cellphone that makes calls and sends and recieves text messages and that's all

I have an iphone and I loooooooooooove it. LOVE. IT.

I make lists and noted by voice and text. Film stuff, mostly my kids. Sometimes kids at private lessons so they can see what I see. With parental permission of course, sometimes the parents want to see too. I've emailed quite a few videos of new or regained skills to parents of kids following a private lesson. I love having my email with me all the time, and the apps. I have quite a few handy ones for shopping and navigation. An adapter for my car stereo to play my playlists. I very rarely text, but I know quite a few people who love to apparently. Thankfully I don't know anyone who likes to type their random text language at me. I would mock them mercilessly.

I have a Palm, that has email, internet and all the other usual things, and it has sat-nav too. It is very useful for work and keeping in touch with my brother in Australia and my family back home.

I would mock them mercilessly.

THat is my feeling too! Texting has gone CRAZY! I also have an iphone, it is a wonderful litle gadget, especially for maps when driving. Though of course the minute I leave Canada it makes a very pretty paperweight!:mad:

DD, DS and I all have Iphones. Another question. How many of you still have a home land line? Ours was taken out a year ago. It was never used for anything but junk phone calls so I had it taken out. The phone company was very unhappy!

My cell phone is my only phone at the moment, and it's pay-as-you-go. I can talk and text, but that's about it-- no camera, no internet, etc. It's actually very refreshing not to be as wired as I used to be!

I'm 15, I have a phone with internet and everything. I find it helpful for school especially because we are allowed to use them for research. I text all the time, my mom even texts me instead of call so i can reply when I have time. We still have a landline but I never use it.

DD, DS and I all have Iphones. Another question. How many of you still have a home land line? Ours was taken out a year ago. It was never used for anything but junk phone calls so I had it taken out. The phone company was very unhappy!

We also ditched our landline about a year ago.

As for the original ? - I have an Andriod phone that does all that & I LOVE it. DS (14) DD(10) and hubby all also have one.

We also ditched our landline about a year ago.

As for the original ? - I have an Andriod phone that does all that & I LOVE it. DS (14) DD(10) and hubby all also have one.

Woah! I'm 14... And I just got a cellphone a month ago! :p It's a tracfone, just for after gymnastics practice when I need a ride. Lucky DD!!!

Thanks everyone for telling me about your phones and internet and everything. I just have a samsung gravity. Im 15 i call and text alot. I was just wondering who all out there has everything on it!

Flipper has a cell phone with internet access, texting, calling - pretty much everything. That is one of the concessions we made when she changed gyms. With this phone, she is able to stay in touch with friends that she would otherwise have no contact with because of the crazy schedule she keeps.

I have a sidekick. I don't have a voice plan though, I have a special data only plan that's offered to deaf/HoH. I have full internet, unlimited texts, e-mail, etc. It's the only way I can stay in touch! The cool thing about sidekicks is they have built in relay software. Basically if I need to call someone, I send something like a text to the relay operator and they say what I type, and type what the person on the other line says. Sometimes people hang up on me which is sooooo annoying but other than that it's great! I got one in 9th grade (I had a pager in middle school, I know, old school right? So when I went to gym my mom could get ahold of me). My sister didn't got a cell phone her freshman year too for dance practices and so she could get ahold of me (I gave her rides all the time).

My mom really really wants to get rid of our landline but we live in the middle of the mountains so sometimes our cell phones don't get reception. I think she only keeps her cell phone because of work (and so she can get ahold of me and my sister).

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back