Parents Cell Phone Numbers for College Coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would the coaches really want their cell phone numbers floating around?? We have the cell phone number for one college coach but we only have that because we were sent a letter from her over the summer. I would think they would want to be contacted through the gymnastics department's main number but I could be wrong...

Well, we have several - just from receiving responses to email introductions - but not GA. :)
I'm thinking if they wanted you to have it they would of sent it. I would try the department line.

I would advise that gymnasts/parents do not share a coach's personal cell. I know that it is a great help to have their cell numbers, but I know that I personally would not like if my cell number was given out to everyone. I always make sure to ask a person for permission before forwarding their personal information. Be patient, if the coach is interested he/she will freely give it. In the meantime continue to send to their email and call their office numbers.

College coaches contact numbers (sometimes even personal cell phones) are always listed in the colleges' team website and is available to the public. I disagree with the poster above about being patient. I believe it is better to try to reach out to the coach and express your interest in their program and stay in constant contact with them. There are only a few spots in each college every year and only about 64 Div. 1 colleges with gymnastics teams, so you must be aggressive in pursuing a college. If the contact numbers are not on the coaches bio page, check the staff directory. Good luck.

I checked UGA and the coaches phone numbers are not listed. I found this spreadsheet online that had all the phone numbers of the coaches. If you dig a little deeper, you should find a number for her. Good luck.

College coaches contact numbers (sometimes even personal cell phones) are always listed in the colleges' team website and is available to the public. I disagree with the poster above about being patient. I believe it is better to try to reach out to the coach and express your interest in their program and stay in constant contact with them. There are only a few spots in each college every year and only about 64 Div. 1 colleges with gymnastics teams, so you must be aggressive in pursuing a college. If the contact numbers are not on the coaches bio page, check the staff directory. Good luck.
The poster above isn't saying don't contact them, she is saying reach out, just not by phone. And if it isn't available to the public, then honestly they probably don't want the public to have it. OP, good luck, sounds like it is positive news!

You reach out by the numbers that are accessible. Of course reach out. Getting a personal number from someone else without the persons whose number it is is not OK. Ever.

The poster above isn't saying don't contact them, she is saying reach out, just not by phone. And if it isn't available to the public, then honestly they probably don't want the public to have it. OP, good luck, sounds like it is positive news!

There is nothing in my post that indicates the poster I referenced said not to contact them. I specifically stated I disagreed with the suggestion to just be patient. Unless a gymnast is a top recruit, the coach may not make the effort to reach out to the gymnast. However, even if the gymnast is not a top recruit at the moment, it does not also mean there is no interest from the coach and that the gymnast may move up the ladder later on. As such, being patient and just merely waiting for the coach to reach out to you may not be the best advice.

You reach out by the numbers that are accessible. Of course reach out. Getting a personal number from someone else without the persons whose number it is is not OK. Ever.

I don't think the OP was asking for any personal numbers that were given in confidence. The OP clearly is asking if anyone has a "list" and narrowed down the number she needed to the the one college. Additionally, most people should be credited for knowing not to give out numbers without the person's permission. That goes without saying.

There is nothing in my post that indicates the poster I referenced said not to contact them. I specifically stated I disagreed with the suggestion to just be patient. Unless a gymnast is a top recruit, the coach may not make the effort to reach out to the gymnast. However, even if the gymnast is not a top recruit at the moment, it does not also mean there is no interest from the coach and that the gymnast may move up the ladder later on. As such, being patient and just merely waiting for the coach to reach out to you may not be the best advice.
But she didnt say to wait for them to reach out, if you read the post she said to email, and the being patient part is that by emailing and continuing to make contact in other ways, she will probably then be given the phone number by the coach him/herself. So, i guess we will just agree to disagree on this one. :)

Did not say that they shouldn’t contact, just that they should contact by what’s available and that if a cell is not public (or freely given by that coach) then others shouldn’t give it out to everyone asking

By all means, I agree with the rest of your post. Don’t wait for them to contact you, call them and email them....just do it the right way

But she didnt say to wait for them to reach out, if you read the post she said to email, and the being patient part is that by emailing and continuing to make contact in other ways, she will probably then be given the phone number by the coach him/herself. So, i guess we will just agree to disagree on this one. :)

Exactly— specifically stated in the last line of my post to continue to email and to call the number listed (office number usually). The being patient part was about getting the cell numbers by other means......that by continued contact the right way things will happen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back