Parents Chalk bucket baby is

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

she had her surgery and all of the tumor was removed but we found out it was cancerous so she needs radiation and Chemo, so she has a long road ahead but so many people on her side cheering her back on and back to school and gymnastics. she has been so amazing thru all this and the Drs ar really amazed at her prowess , they comment all the time how she is further than most kids , I honesty believe it has to do with her being so strong and healthy body otherwise.
Not to forget how determined she is.
You are on my mind! Sending some positive vibes. Please let us know how things are going. As hard as the road will be, we are here to cheer for you and DD.

DD has been so amazing, I am so proud of her (tho I already was) on how hard she is working and with smiles, grace and has not lost her manners in all this. I have always told my kids I care way more about how they treat others than I do grades and of course skills ,and she still is with being in pain all with a smile (she has broken down a few times but who can blame the kids)
Today she walked up and down the stairs , from what it sounds like this is not normal for most kids :) all that gymnastics and TOPS practice has done its work. She is soo strong inside and out.

In a couple of weeks she will be getting radiation then later chemo , the oncologist even is skipping the port on her hip so that she can do gymnastics :) We have been officially told she has medullablastoma. she is one heck of a fighter and will kick this to the curb.

I've volunteered with kids who have cancer for years. They are some of the most resiliant, cheerful, hard working people I've ever met. Hang in there and know that we are here supporting you all. I have no doubt that she will do great.

I'm glad your girl is in good spirits and already fighting hard, she's got this! I am sure this isn't easy on your family. We are in your corner. Please rely on us CB peeps as you go through this process and lean on us as much as you need to talk, vent, share.

I thought I would update you all , Tomorow it will be 3 weeks since she had the tumor removed from her brain and well she is walking on a floor balance beam ( she has tried to even get up on the high beam and NOPE I won't let her) But honestly this kid is such an inspiration. She will start Radiation in a week for 6 weeks then later will get Chemo for 4 months . We feel so blessed with such a Brave girl who is def fighting and not letting Cancer take her down!!

So good to hear she is up and fighting. How is she feeling? Is she able to go to school at all? Please send me a PM if she has a Facebook page you are willing to share. I still have a hard time believing it, way to many kiddos face cancer. I know it's rare but it feels all too common.

She went to school for a couple of hours but her teacher had them play games and let them be with her since it had been a month since most of them had seen her , due to being sick for over a week before we found out what was going on, Her school is amazing with everything, Even the the Principal told me not to worry about making her catch up since she said she has been through so much mentally and physically.
She also went to the gym and hung out with her TOPS group then again with her level 4 team (even did some leg work and like I said floor beam) she literally is amazing little girl , Inspires me. Right now the main part of hanging out at the gym is to inspire her and honestly I saw the shine in her eye and saw her so happy even the minimal she was allowed to do just being with her gym family was what she needs. She will soon be in radiation a good 2 hours from our home town from m-f ( me, her and her little sister will be going and leaving behind dad and other sisters since they have high school) for m-f and home on weekends for 6 weeks.

Kids who have cancer are inspiring. I've known many through life and volunteering at a major children's hospital. They are strong and somehow full of life even when they are struggling. Good job mom getting her to school, and the gym. They will both be important to her mental and physical health. Please keep us updated. She is in my prayers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back