DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
The Chalk Bucket was upgraded from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4 last night. It was a major upgrade, so you will probably notice some differences around here. I will be working on the site over the next few weeks to get it back to a normal state. The site should still be fully usable. If you come across any issues/bugs, please post them here.

I think we'll all figure it out with practice JBS. But it did throw me to log on & the 1st thing that came up said " you don't have permission to access this page". Once I clicked on "forum" I got to CB. But my 1st impression was that I was locked out for some reason. Is there some way to fix that home page? Or redirect people to click on "forum" to get to CB? I think everyone will figure it out eventually, but it did cause me a few moments of confusion. As always thanks for all of your hard work to keep CB up & running smoothly!

I think we'll all figure it out with practice JBS. But it did throw me to log on & the 1st thing that came up said " you don't have permission to access this page". Once I clicked on "forum" I got to CB. But my 1st impression was that I was locked out for some reason. Is there some way to fix that home page? Or redirect people to click on "forum" to get to CB? I think everyone will figure it out eventually, but it did cause me a few moments of confusion. As always thanks for all of your hard work to keep CB up & running smoothly!

I'm trying to figure out the homepage issue right now. We have been running some 3rd party modules for certain features that are now included with the new software. I'm trying to get rid of the old stuff and change to the new. The new software has the power to create non-forum pages very easily...the "home" page was automatically setup when we upgraded.

can't figure out what to do. creature of habit i suppose. if i don't post up as much be assured that i am still alive!

I just added mobile support via Tapatalk...I am posting this from my Blackberry!

I just added mobile support via Tapatalk...I am posting this from my Blackberry!

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF for more information!

I don't understand the new Chalkbucket but I'll get used to it. It's no problem except it says that I can't post new threads (not that I even know how to) and the confuses me as I was posting new threads with the "old" Chalkbucket. :confused:

Is there anyway to tell new posts from ones that you've already read. Because the unread ones used to always be in bold.. And by your post, JBS, I couldn't figure out if you meant the CB would go back to normal or will it stay like this?

Thanks JBS for adding Tapatalk. :)

that was me on the Facebook page asking for it.

Is there anyway to tell new posts from ones that you've already read. Because the unread ones used to always be in bold.. And by your post, JBS, I couldn't figure out if you meant the CB would go back to normal or will it stay like this?

New posts are still bold. The Chalk Bucket will make improvements towards the future. The old software was outdated. Hopefully I will be able to get some better graphics on soon.

Just a silly question, how do you thank posts with this new layout?

Great question...the "post thanks" is one of the last 3rd party modules that we will continue to use. I'm working on getting it back right now.

I don't understand the new Chalkbucket but I'll get used to it. It's no problem except it says that I can't post new threads (not that I even know how to) and the confuses me as I was posting new threads with the "old" Chalkbucket. :confused:

You should be able to go to a forum and click on the "post new thread" button. Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you still going to have the feature where you can just see new posts. I always used that feature as it let me see the ones that had been updated since the last time I was on.

Are you still going to have the feature where you can just see new posts. I always used that feature as it let me see the ones that had been updated since the last time I was on.

Yes...it's at top...it's called "what's new" now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back