Chalk it Up, the next gymnastics movie.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

BlairBob

Ok, a bit late on this one since there is only 3 days left. I meant to post it a month ago and just sort of lost track of time.

It's not very likely the Kickstarter will hit it's goals but I'm sure Maddy will parley that into some other effort. Shawn Johnson signed on to be a part of it and Maddy has had some pluggin in the CrossFit community that she has been a part of the past few years as an athlete and competitor.

The next great Gymnastics Movie: CHALK IT UP by Maddy Curley — Kickstarter

While I think some of the acting in the trailer could be done better, I still like the idea of the movie.

Unfortunately, StickIt wasn't really a movie success. $31 million in the box office on a budget of 30 million. I'm sure DVD sales and TV rights

Episode 36: Maddy Curley from Stick It and Brooke Buffington On Their New Gymnastics Movie! | GymCastic Podcast about it from last June.

That's exciting. I can't help but hope they move it to Georgia, where the film industry is boomin', and probably way more economical than PA.

Dunno.

I know Maddy is moving to NY so PA would be closer besides the fact they were gonna film at IGC (which I think was going to help them out).

I'm with Emorymom. ;-) GA is giving all sorts of breaks for movies made here. :D I'm not sure if TN does too; but if they do, they could always use Flip Fest. ;) My kids would be MUCH more interested in something like this being made locally than the movies we have had shot around us lately!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back