Off Topic Chalkbucket, but for diving?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh no, my sort of idiotic questions are along the lines of: "How does your kid stay warm between dives?" :oops: My DD has close to zero body fat, and she says her #1 complaint about diving is that she gets cold while waiting for her turn on the board (her only other complaints are that she doesn't get to do floor and bar routines while diving! :D) Because she's one of the new divers in the class, she feels self-conscious doing anything the other kids are not doing, like wearing a robe (my suggestion). There's no hot tub or hot showers to stand in at the pool she's taking her lessons at. :( Her coach lets her tread water, but this is apparently not a super effective solution for her, because by the time she gets up on the diving board she is visibly shivering and cold.
That is the one thing my 7 year old complains about too, being cold between dives. The kids tend to stop at the hot tub and either sit in it for a minute or just use their shammy to drag water over their chest and arms. Then they get back in line and do it again lol. It's funny because when I sit at practice it is so humid and I am so hot yet the divers are cold!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back