Parents Chalkbucket parent newsletter?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

leotardmakermum

Proud Parent
This morning I've received an email purporting to be from Chalkbucket, asking me to confirm that I would like to receive a parent newsletter.

"Please confirm that you would like to receive the ChalkBucket Parent Newsletter. This newsletter is specifically designed for parents of gymnasts. Before we begin sending you the information you requested, we want to be certain we have your permission."

I have not requested any such thing. I did not know such a thing existed. Is this legit, and if yes, what is it? Why have I never heard of it before?

ooooh - this is what I got

Please confirm that you would like to receive the ChalkBucket Parent Newsletter. This newsletter is specifically designed for parents of gymnasts. Before we begin sending you the information you requested, we want to be certain we have your permission. ----------------------------------------------------------- CONFIRM BY VISITING THE LINK BELOW: http://www.aweber.com/z/c/?zxsnzny03ampk9sadqi6tuhjbdamty03a2g==9984 Click the link above to give us permission to send you information. It's fast and easy! If you cannot click the full URL above, please copy and paste it into your web browser. ----------------------------------------------------------- If you do not want to confirm, simply ignore this message. Thank you, ChalkBucket http://www.chalkbucket.com

I kept gtting popups on this site asking me to do this

Hopefully it is all ok. I did it.... The link brought me back to this site, so if it isn't legit..... It's a very good fake.

But Bog, what is it? Why is there a need for a newsletter, when we have a forum? What goes in it? How often is it sent out?

And if we keep on chatting today, you might hit that all important magic number... ;) Getting close!

This morning I've received an email purporting to be from Chalkbucket, asking me to confirm that I would like to receive a parent newsletter.

"Please confirm that you would like to receive the ChalkBucket Parent Newsletter. This newsletter is specifically designed for parents of gymnasts. Before we begin sending you the information you requested, we want to be certain we have your permission."

I have not requested any such thing. I did not know such a thing existed. Is this legit, and if yes, what is it? Why have I never heard of it before?

Yes...it's legit...tried doing a newsletter a couple of years ago. It was working well...but I just didn't keep it up. There is a lot of great info on this site...we need to share it. I'm hoping the newsletter will help do that.

We have about 3,800 members here on the site...but around 50,000 different people visit us each month. Hopefully we can get some of these nearly 50,000 lurkers to at least sign-up for the newsletter.

If you come to the site not logged in...you will notice a light box will appear after 5 seconds asking you to sign-up for the newsletter. This appears one time every 15 days right now.

The newsletter will be run through http://www.aweber.com so it will be very easy to unsubscribe if you do not want to receive it anymore.

Last edited:
As far as what will be in it...not really sure yet.

Things I'd like to include...
  • Links to good threads on the site
  • Coupons and discounts from gymnastics companies
  • Reminders of televised gymnastics
  • Answers to some of the most asked parent questions on the site
  • Articles that pertain to gym parents (written by anyone...including you)
If you have any ideas...let me know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back