WAG Chance of moving from intermediate group to squad at age 9/10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello :)
I would like to ask- how big are chances from intermediate group to squad at age 9/10?

my daughter is 9years old gymnast, being for 10months in intermediate group at her club. She does 4h a week. I think she is doing great- she’s learnt a lot of flicks, handsprings, somersaults in last months ( she can do them on the air track, not on the floor as yet ) etc. Shes been asking me questions like if she ever will be able to do grades , and join the club squad?
I don’t really want to be one of them
Mums asking coaches what are her chances. I just want her to enjoy and will see what happens.

If she's a fast learner, she makes corrections, and she is coachable, then it never hurts to try out for pre team. Her hard work won't go unnoticed, so if trials are invite only, she's got a chance of being invited. How are her other events?

If she's a fast learner, she makes corrections, and she is coachable, then it never hurts to try out for pre team. Her hard work won't go unnoticed, so if trials are invite only, she's got a chance of being invited. How are her other events?
It sounds like OP is in the UK and the system is different there. This advice may not apply.

Thanks for your reply :) and yeah we are in Uk. She is definitely a fast learner.. what am asking if it’s not too late for this age to be consider for squad?

It's not too late but it will depend on the club. The only way you can find out is to ask. If they say no then you could request a trial at another club. Depending on how tidy her skills are it may be too late for grades but there are plenty of other routes and other squads that may be an option.

Hi! I would like to say that it never hurts to ask. Just ask her coach, or her coordinator, and see what her options are. If it’s a yes, then great. If it’s a no, ask what she could improve on. Maybe the coach thinks she still needs to touch up and achieve more skills. Maybe her coach thinks she is not ready to compete yet, or maybe she’s not listening to her coach. Look, it’s hard for me to say since I don’t know your daughter, but I think you should have a conversation with whoever makes the say, and set things straight. That way, if she knows what to work on and how to work on it, she will improve, and ultimately, move to the JO program. Hope this helped!

If she isn't quite the level for WAG squad there may be a floor and vault squad which she could join. Definitely worth asking.

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies :)
In her club there is only recreational, intermediate, development squad for kids under 8 and squad team :) I think it is quite a young club and expanding a lot at the moment so hopefully there is a hope .I will definitely ask !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back