WAG Changing levels and xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tootsmom

Proud Parent
? If you are already competed a year as a Platinum xcel and go to a new gym (more competitive)
Can they down grade you to a gold?

I believe if you did a State meet at platinum then no. Doesn't matter if you change gyms. They would have to petition you to drop a level. If you did not compete states or above as a platinum, then yes you can be dropped back, technically.

I don't *think* so. That's been a worry of my ODDs. That we will move and a gym will think she's only good enough for gold, but since she's competed L6 and gold already they'll just pass on her altogether rather than make her a platinum.

I believe if you did a State meet at platinum then no. Doesn't matter if you change gyms. They would have to petition you to drop a level. If you did not compete states or above as a platinum, then yes you can be dropped back, technically.
Yes, if you've done states, then you're a platinum.

Thanks everyone! DD has had a fairly good season so far (36 AA) but States has not happened yet. She has a tryout for a more competitive gym tomorrow and hubby was wondering if they could put her on Gold. She will definitely repeat Platinum which she is fine with, but would be upset to go back to gold, she is 10 so I was trying to prepare her

Thanks everyone! DD has had a fairly good season so far (36 AA) but States has not happened yet. She has a tryout for a more competitive gym tomorrow and hubby was wondering if they could put her on Gold. She will definitely repeat Platinum which she is fine with, but would be upset to go back to gold, she is 10 so I was trying to prepare her
How did it go?

I noticed a qualifier to Xcel Gold Regionals this weekend actually competed at Xcel Platinum states last year, so I guess people/gyms do it.

Update: it went great! She made the team, they even felt she could be ready for xcel diamond for next season (fall). Not sure how I feel about it though she would be sooo much younger than all her teammates. She will finish up with her gym for this season and move at the end of June

Maybe The girl had some reason to be petitioned down to Gold for this season???
Bestie of dd petitioned down from 7 to 6 this year, due to injuries, and a 3 month long illness this season. There was no way she would have had her L7 skills ready. L6 was the perfect fit for her this year, she will get to compete 2 meets.

Bestie of dd petitioned down from 7 to 6 this year, due to injuries, and a 3 month long illness this season. There was no way she would have had her L7 skills ready. L6 was the perfect fit for her this year, she will get to compete 2 meets.
There was a girl at a gym in our district that competed L8 last season. She was a senior in high school. As of August 1, she was supposed to compete L9 this season, but got injured. In November, she was petitioned into Xcel Platinum. By the end of the season, she will have competed 5 meets, including Y Nationals (if she stays healthy enough).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back