WAG Characteristics of a high level gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mimi

Proud Parent
Hi all,

If you had to pick the three most important characteristics (mental, physical, emotional, etc) that you look for/find important to be successful in high level gymnastics, what would they be? Just curious what people think...:)

Emotionally strong, ambitious, and superior fitness........ but I get to cheat when defining superior fitness. :D

At what age or level can you identify these characteristics? Are some more or less important at certain levels/ages?

It varies, and while not sounding too evasive, the emotional strength as well as the ambitious nature of a child can change. If I had to state an age I'd lean in the direction of 10, as it seems they start figuring out their surroundings and what they want to make of them.

The physically fit part usually just gets better, assuming their overall health habits remain the same, until they pass through puberty and begin changing toward their adult body. Some come out on the other side just as well as they entered, and some don't. The "don't" can still learn skills and make gains, but it gets harder for them.

I wish it wasn't so.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back