Charleston Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymAunt

The Charleston Cup is a yearly event in Charleston, SC that boasts 1500 participants. Ashleigh competes at the Prep Optional 2 level for this meet as she was the only Prep Op 1 going. She's had to cram hard to learn the skills for this one. Good luck kiddo!

PO1 competes as PO2

Well... Ashleigh did the Charleston. Poor girl felt a bit out of her element without her PO1 teammates.. but nobody else wanted to make the 300+ mile drive. She still did pretty well considering she'd had about a week's worth of practice on her new routines.

And now for the scores:
VT = 8.000 UB = 8.475 BB = 8.950 (5th) FX = 8.900 AA = 34.325

WOW!...300 miles...that's a long way for a meet!:spin:

Yes it was... especially considering there was another meet in Nashville at the same time (about half the distance). But it worked out fine.. we made a weekend vacation out of it. The kids got to play around on the beach, we toured a WWII Aircraft carrier and a submarine, and they got to spend two nights in a hotel room! (Still not sure why that is such a thrill for the kids. :confused:) They all had fun, even though my nephew was completely against the trip because his birthday was the day of Ashleigh's meet. But we bought him a portable DVD player for his B-day so he was happy with that, and he got to pick where we went Sunday before leaving to head back home.

Brings back old memories. I love hotel for the same reason I used to...someone else cleans them.:rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back