Coaches Chat GPT stalder press progression

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sun

Coach
Gymnast
I asked Chat GPT to make me a stalder-press plan to help a group of 20 gymnasts achieve a stalder press within 3 months, with 25 minutes to dedicate to press-work per day, 4 days a week. here's what it gave me:

"Month 1: Wrist mobility and stability (25 minutes per day, 4 days per week)

• Spend 5-7 minutes on wrist stretches (1-2 minutes per stretch) such as the wrist flexor stretch, wrist extensor stretch, and wrist pronation and supination stretch.
  • Spend 8-10 minutes on wrist strengthening exercises (2-3 exercises for 3 sets of 10-12 reps each), such as wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and wrist rotations with a light dumbbell or wrist roller.
  • Spend 5-7 minutes on pike compression holds (3 sets of 5-10 seconds each) to help build core strength and develop the necessary compression for the stalder press.
Month 2: Core and leg strength (25 minutes per day, 4 days per week)

• Spend 5-7 minutes on core strength exercises (2-3 exercises for 3 sets of 10-12 reps each), such as hollow holds, V-sit holds, and L-sit holds.
  • Spend 5-7 minutes on leg strength exercises (2-3 exercises for 3 sets of 10-12 reps each), such as squats, lunges, step-ups, and calf raises.
  • Spend 8-10 minutes on straddle L-sit lifts (3 sets of 5-10 reps each) to help build leg strength and develop the necessary compression for the stalder press.
Month 3: Stalder press progressions (25 minutes per day, 4 days per week)

• Spend 5-7 minutes on pike and straddle compression holds to straddle L-sit holds (3 sets of 5-10 seconds each) to help develop the necessary strength and mobility for the stalder press.
  • Spend 8-10 minutes on Swiss ball pikes (3 sets of 5-10 reps each) to help build core strength and improve the piking motion required for the stalder press.
  • Spend 5-7 minutes on assisted stalder presses (3 sets of 3-5 reps each) to help gymnasts work on the correct form and technique for the stalder press.
It's important to note that each gymnast may progress at a different pace, so you may need to adjust the exercises and sets/reps based on each individual's needs. Additionally, make sure to prioritize proper form and avoid exercises that cause pain or discomfort."

Thoughts?
Honestly it looks like a pretty good plan to me, but the success would depend on how well a coach executes it. Especially the wrist strengthening before weight bearing.
Anyone else ask Chat GPT about gymnastics stuff?
I'm not ready to copy a Chat GPT lesson plan yet, but I have used some answers as a template for my lesson plans.

Some of the numbers seem a bit off to me, but.... for an AI, that's really not bad.

..... bit of a tangent, but chatGPT scares the hell out of me. Not because I think it'll become sentient, or it's going to go rogue and kill us all or whatever, but for much more banal (yet equally dystopian) possibilities. Imagine living in a world where advertisers, spammers, trolls, and political operatives can automate their process. If you think "becky from the department of visa and mastercard" has ruined the usability of phones, just wait until your DMs on every platform are flooded with spam that is individually tailored to you. I've already banned a troll here on CB who -- I'm reasonably sure -- was using chatgpt to write reasonably-convincing posts under no less than seven different usernames.

We are mere months away from that becoming the norm.

Last edited:
Some of the numbers seem a bit off to me, but.... for an AI, that's really not bad.

..... bit of a tangent, but chatGPT scares the hell out of me. Not because I think it's sentient, or it's going to go rogue, or whatever, but for much more banal (yet even more dystopian) possibilities. Imagine living in a world where advertisers, spammers, trolls, and political operatives can automate their process. If you think "becky from the department of visa and mastercard" has ruined the usability of phones, just wait until your DMs on every platform are flooded with spam that is individually tailored to you. I've already banned a troll who -- I'm reasonably sure -- was using chatgpt to write reasonably-convincing posts under no less than seven different usernames.

Yeah, agree on being scared as hell. Always say please and thank you when using Chat GPT in the hopes that you will be spared when they take over.

Even your example of Chat GPT phishing or scamming over the phone sounds pretty damn rogue/dystopian to me.

I'm sort of looking forward to seeing how this evolves, but just as scared.

..... bit of a tangent, but chatGPT scares the hell out of me. Not because I think it'll become sentient, or it's going to go rogue and kill us all or whatever, but for much more banal (yet equally dystopian) possibilities. Imagine living in a world where advertisers, spammers, trolls, and political operatives can automate their process. If you think "becky from the department of visa and mastercard" has ruined the usability of phones, just wait until your DMs on every platform are flooded with spam that is individually tailored to you. I've already banned a troll here on CB who -- I'm reasonably sure -- was using chatgpt to write reasonably-convincing posts under no less than seven different usernames.

How did you suspect that they were using chat gpt? Was it the way the posts were worded or something else?

How did you suspect that they were using chat gpt? Was it the way the posts were worded or something else?

Some of the posts under one or two accounts were clearly a human just trolling, but other accounts under the same IP address were... idunno, off in a way that's hard to describe, and those I think may have been chatgpt-written. A little too formal, and (having admittedly used chatgpt a bunch myself for unrelated things) just really reminded me of the style and wording of chatgpt.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back