WAG Checking in...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Been super busy of late.

We are gearing up for our host meet..Dec 14th, 15th and 16th. (first meet of the season)
Been spending a lot of time at the gym, in meetings, organizing, gathering, stuffing goody bags..ect. (there are 517 girls registered for the meet)
Tonight they have team pictures, right in the middle of practice at 6 (will make for some beautiful pictures...lol). Then Kadee and another little girl have to leave and go to a choir concert at 7. (they are "working around" the concert so the girls don't have to chose one or the other)
Tomorrow I will be at the Jr. High ALL day. 8-2:30ish for setting everything up. I really plan on avoiding those big blue jugs that hold the bars down...lol. Walk across the street at 3:00 and get Kadee at school. Go back to the Jr. High and start setting up the hospitality room. (can't set it up before 3 as the students need it "available" to them until school is out at 3). First session starts at 4:15 (I believe). Only 2 sessions friday night. Will have Kadee hand out participation trophies. (all kids get one..so I don't think she can mess that up too badly..lol) Run hospitality room those two sessions..or be a timer or whatever they need. Then I am done "helping" for this meet..lol.
Next year it will be held at the Convention Center vrs the Jr. High gym (which is two basket ball courts). So it will be a whole new experience next year. Hopefully less stressful. At least there will be more room.
Saturday Kadee has practice at 10-12 for the Christmas Program at Church. Her meet session is at 3:30 (open stretch at 3:15)
Sunday they are doing the church Christmas Program at 8:30 am and 6pm.
I think my head will spin off into another dimension..lol. Not to mention Kadee's. Although she doesn't seem to think it seems the least bit hectic...lol
I think you have be a type of CGM just to roll with all this. You have got to be crazy on some level anyway..lol

Not to mention I am the "administrator" of the after school program (kitchen part) at my church and we are trying to get on a govt. assistance program (No Kids Hungry) Which is a different kind of BEAST of it's own. I am really tired of trying to get my hiney to fit through the hoops they keep throwing my way...lol.

Anywho, I'm getting off my pity wagon and heading over to the gym in a bit to try and get Kadee looking like a fresh picked flower (after 2 hours of practice..yeah right..lol) for pictures.

Good luck to all the girls who are competing this weekend. I will be on and off. If I miss anyone's meet reports or good luck wishes, ect..I'm truly sorry.

I'm tired just reading your post;)! I hope the meet goes well for your gym! And the Christmas program! Good luck to Kadee this weekend! Don't forget to post a report for us!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back