WAG Cheetah Cups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cogymmom2dd

Proud Parent
My DD has worn cheetah cups for the past almost 2 months and they make my DD’s feet smell so bad. She normally doesn’t have issues with smelly feet, but ever since she started wearing them, it has been terrible. Like to the point that we could barely stand to be in the car with her driving to spring break last week.
The good news is that he feet no longer hurt after a Severs diagnosis, but we traded off for smelly feet.
I noticed the odor about a month after she started wearing them. I washed them by hand that time but it never got better. Her shoes don’t smell, so I don’t think it’s a new funky odor that her body has developed.
Any tips or tricks on how to keep them from not smelling so bad? I ended up just buying new but feel like they should last more than 2 months. With summer months approaching with longer practice hours, the foot sweat is only going to get worse!

My daughter wears them. Wash them separately in the washer with some vinegar and that takes away the smell. In the winter they only needed an occasional wash with just laundry detergent but now with the warmer weather, they need frequent washing with vinegar to get rid of the smell.

I don't have personal experience with Cheetah Cups, so take this advice with a grain of salt. But perhaps try Lume deodorant cream on her feet, to squash funk from foot sweat. For the cups themselves, try using Defunkify spray (from Amazon) on them daily to keep odor away until you wash them. As already mentioned, vinegar is great for odor removal in the wash, as is borax. Good luck!

I washed them daily when DD wore them. I would put them on top of the dryer while the other clothes were in there and they dried before practice that way.

I used vinegar and baking soda to wash the cheetah cups. I would throw them in the freezer at times too. They do smell bad!

I don't have personal experience with Cheetah Cups, so take this advice with a grain of salt. But perhaps try Lume deodorant cream on her feet, to squash funk from foot sweat. For the cups themselves, try using Defunkify spray (from Amazon) on them daily to keep odor away until you wash them. As already mentioned, vinegar is great for odor removal in the wash, as is borax. Good luck!

Lume and defunkify both work great. Look up the adds for Lume they are really funny and they explain the science behind the product.

Lume and defunkify both work great. Look up the adds for Lume they are really funny and they explain the science behind the product.
OMG yes, the Lume social media ads are definitely worth watching. I learned about Defunkify from CB, wish I had discovered it sooner. It is GREAT on athletic wear (and my husband's smelly clothes from his never-ending home improvement projects, LOL).

OMG yes, the Lume social media ads are definitely worth watching. I learned about Defunkify from CB, wish I had discovered it sooner. It is GREAT on athletic wear (and my husband's smelly clothes from his never-ending home improvement projects, LOL).
I learned about Defunkify from CB too , I use it on my workout clothes. I use Lume every day, I like the citrus scents, but it does smell a little weird.

My DD wears then frequently. What we ended up doing was have her wear a pair of toeless compression socks under them. They can be put in the washer and dryer and her feet aren't in contact with the heel cups.

My DD wears then frequently. What we ended up doing was have her wear a pair of toeless compression socks under them. They can be put in the washer and dryer and her feet aren't in contact with the heel cups.
We ended up doing this also. I bought the defunkify spray, but it made her break out, she has super sensitive skin and had to miss a few practices due to having lots of swelling, it was basically one big hive. I ended up having her cut the toes out of a pair of socks and then bought some of the compression socks.
Also, I bought the Lume and I’m still on the fence. It’s OK but it has a very vegan essence to it. Maybe I bought the wrong scent, but I just haven’t been able to adjust to it.

I bought this sports exnzyme spray from Norwex (I dont sell the stuff a friend does so I am not shilling something personally here) and it works GREAT! She would stink up the whole car with her feet and I would have to wash them with vinnegar and baking soda often and it would help for less than a week. Now I spray them with this spray and they are good for 1-2 MONTHS (honestly in the winter even longer) before I need to spray them again. Its been FANTASTIC. works good on all neoprene stuff and stinky shoes too!

Ive thought about getting the lume stuff for her feet in general though. Is that more odor prevention or does it actually help with sweat? She has sweaty feet especially on beam.

I bought this sports exnzyme spray from Norwex (I dont sell the stuff a friend does so I am not shilling something personally here) and it works GREAT! She would stink up the whole car with her feet and I would have to wash them with vinnegar and baking soda often and it would help for less than a week. Now I spray them with this spray and they are good for 1-2 MONTHS (honestly in the winter even longer) before I need to spray them again. Its been FANTASTIC. works good on all neoprene stuff and stinky shoes too!

Ive thought about getting the lume stuff for her feet in general though. Is that more odor prevention or does it actually help with sweat? She has sweaty feet especially on beam.
Lume is only for odor prevention, it does not help with sweat. Things that help stop sweating will typically be things like aluminum.

Hex detergent is great for removing odors from workout clothes, but I haven't tried it on Cheetah Cups. I used to alternate spraying them with vodka and putting them in the freezer overnight.

The good news is that they eventually do outgrow Sever's. I do not miss those stinky Cheetahs one bit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back