Chelsie Retired??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MeetDirector

Proud Parent
Sure reads like it to me.

Read for yourselves:
"This has been a hard time for me. Gymnastics is something I have done my whole life, and now it is over. Last November, I took and passed the judges course, and it's a route I can take, if I like it. It might be weird to be on that side, but it is a way to be involved in the sport. Life goes on and I am starting a new chapter."

:: USA Gymnastics :: Statements regarding Chellsie Memmel's petition to the 2012 Visa Championships ::=

She was and is an inspiration to all; now its time to move on. She will be successful in whatever she chooses.

Good Luck Chelsie!

so sad that she has been plagued with injuries throughout her entire career..she has such beautiful gymnastics! i really enjoyed her floor at the U.S classics last year. good luck to her in whatever she decides to do!

I don't know...there was also a recent interview where she implied she could be continuing. I don't think she has decided yet. Actually, I think she had, but Penny asking her to retire may have changed things.....may be the reason to try for 2013.

I have to agree with Meetdirector---sure reads like she's decided to move on from competitive gymnastics. 3 surgeries on a shoulder is alot and it may be better for her in the long run to stop now before she has any further damage.

Oops, sorry, never mind. Just read the article about it. Aw, I really wish she could compete. She was my #1 favorite gymnast and my hero. I will miss watching her compete. :(

I don't know...there was also a recent interview where she implied she could be continuing. I don't think she has decided yet. Actually, I think she had, but Penny asking her to retire may have changed things.....may be the reason to try for 2013.

Thats the impression I got as well.

She is keeping the door open. She said she isnt ready to retire yet, taking it one day at a time.

"He just suggested that I retire right away. I'm not ready to shut the door completely; I need some more time."
"Right now, I am taking things one day at a time. I don't know if I will continue,"
"Well, I took Monday off, since it was a holiday, minus a bike ride [laughs]. But, yeah, I’ve gone in. … It’s hard to [not go]. I would like to stay in shape; I don’t want to get completely out of shape—[laughs] again. I know how hard it is to get back into shape and if I’m able to be on that post-Olympic tour, I’d like to stay in good shape for that."

she's done. trust me, please.:) she'll probably do the tour if her knee is able.

I hope they offer her the tour. It would be a great encore to her career. I also hope her shoulders stay healthy, I think they have had enough.

OMG i didnt know! thats sad :(
Well, i wish her the best of luck in no matter what she decides to do next :)
I cant believe it though, Shawn retired, too!! i loved both of them! <3
aww well, good luck Chelsie!!! You're amazing! <3

I am wondering if Chellsie will be at one of my daughter's meet this upcoming season judging as we are from WI. That will sure be weird to see if she is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back