WAG Chicago Beach Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Just wondering if anyone (or their kids) has done this meet before? DD is doing it for the first time next weekend.

It's completely just for fun, and it's on the beach on Lake Michigan....

For girls it's a team of 3 gymnasts each, and it's by age group, not by level, so they can do whatever skills they want. One kid does Beam, one does vault, one does bars, and the three of them do a floor routine together!

I'm excited to see how it all comes together.

Has anyone ever been? We're really looking forward to it!

Wow I've never heard of a meet like that! Please post a video of their floor routine (if you feel comfortable sharing) as I'd love to see a three person routine!!

I'll happily post a video as long as the other parents of the girls on the team are ok with it :)

In the mean time, if you just go on YouTube and type in Chicago Beach Meet, there's lots of videos from years past!

Yes-my dd, who was going into level 8 at the time, did the beach meet. It was about 12 years ago. It was 100 degrees that day! So much fun though! Hope you have nice weather!

Reactions: sce
Word of caution -- if it is super hot/sunny out, the floor mats can be extremely hot. Be prepared to wear something on your feet. Maybe those grippy yoga socks would work?

Word of caution -- if it is super hot/sunny out, the floor mats can be extremely hot. Be prepared to wear something on your feet. Maybe those grippy yoga socks would work?
Ooh good idea!! DD does have a few pairs of socks from the trampoline parks, that could work.

Right now though I'm more worried about lightning and thunder which might be in the forecast.

Lightning and gymnastics bars don't exactly mix :mad:

My daughter did it a couple of years ago. Most relaxed meet we've been to as the parents hung on the beach under a tent drinking and eating. Couldn't really see much but didn't care. Bring lots of sunscreen as you are on the beach itself. Take what you would for a normal day on the beach as the kids will go into the water once they are done. The girl teams wore t-shirts that they customized themselves and black gym shorts. Our girls wore matching socks. No one really wore leos.

Bring ice! Be prepared for a walk from the parking as it fills up fast. We had a family who got there early and set up a tent which worked out well.

Have fun!

Quick update here!

DD and her little team of 3 WON the Beach Meet!!! Her Age group was 11 and under, all levels, and they rocked it!
The girl who did vault placed 1st, DD got 5th on bars, their floor routine took 5th place as well, and FIRST all around! (I think there were around 30-40 girls or so on each "individual" event, and 12 or 13 teams of 3)

I know this Meet was just for fun but DD is so over the moon proud of herself, coming out of such a tough season last year, this is a HUGE confidence booster for her!

I'll have a video of the floor routine sometime soon to share :)

IMG_7874.jpg
Here she is at 7:30am on the beach with chi town in the background :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back