Chicago Style Meet ????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Probably seafood or Italian - will not eat off of a kid's menu.

Italian Village is great, although it is a cab ride (a little deeper in the city - maybe 10 minute cab ride). I have not had anything besides Pizza at Giordano's, but they do offer pasta etc. as well.

Being from San Diego, I can't do seafood ANYWHERE else LOL. But, I am sure they have awesome places.. Nick's Fishmarket is pricey, but I heard excellent. They also have a bubba gump at Navy Pier.

I'm thinking i need to make it to chicago for this meet. I'll probably be up that way then anyway...

Obviously, since dd is too young to compete, it would just be to check it out. I know our gym isn't competing. Would that be COMPLETELY WEIRD of me?:confused:

I'm thinking i need to make it to chicago for this meet. I'll probably be up that way then anyway...

Obviously, since dd is too young to compete, it would just be to check it out. I know our gym isn't competing. Would that be COMPLETELY WEIRD of me?:confused:

Not weird at all! The NCAA session on Friday would be way too much fun! But even the L10/Elite session at the Michigan gym on Sat. 5PM would be a blast... + there are a lot of fun vendors to shop :)

AWESOMENESS! I'll mention it to my husband. We'll be in Hinsdale for an engagement party...Maybe he'll let me drag him to the meet!!! HMMM...

Just wanted to confirm also, that we don't think you are crazy - now your dh, that might be another story, but to us your thinking is normal! :D

My dh loves going to watch dd compete, but I don't think he would be into going to watch someone other than dd, but that's just him! ;)

AWESOMENESS! I'll mention it to my husband. We'll be in Hinsdale for an engagement party...Maybe he'll let me drag him to the meet!!! HMMM...

I know the American Girl thing is there, but dd is 12 and it beyond this, plus she already has been to the one in NYC.

- Rainforest Cafe is always a fun place to eat for the whole family.
- Museums are all excellent
- Madison Ave shops (if you like that kind of thing... i.e. looking at things most people can't afford).

Beyond American Girl?! Wow. I'm truely envious!

- Rainforest Cafe is always a fun place to eat for the whole family.
- Museums are all excellent
- Madison Ave shops (if you like that kind of thing... i.e. looking at things most people can't afford).

Beyond American Girl?! Wow. I'm truely envious!

Spoken like a true dad (man) LOL! Tim_Dad, I think you mean 'Michigan' Ave shopping ha ha :p

Just be aware while shopping on Michigan Avenue that the sales tax is now 10%. The highest in the country. So if you find something you like, more than likely you can buy it at home way cheaper.

As for Pizza, Gino's East is pretty good and its on the mag mile. Another place to visit is the Hershy store, I can still smell the sugar and I haven't been there for over a month. But its pretty interesting. Its to bad this meet isn't a couple weeks later, you could go to the American Cup.

LOL! Glad to know that i'm not totally insane for wanting to go! DH said he's not totally opposed to going! I'm really excited!!!

I have to chime in on the "places to eat" thing...Giordano's is my favorite place to go in the city, (i recommend it to everyone) but there are several AMAZING restraunts all over downtown.

DD isn't into the American Girl thing yet. She probably will be soon, though. And it will be my fault. My mom and I swore that (the moment i found out i was having a girl) we would take her to American Girl for her 6th birthday. we figured that probably when she's six years old, the doll won't end up naked in the basement drowning under the rest of her things. :rolleyes:

And, just for the record: Michigan Ave is completely wonderful - even if everything there retails for a million dollars. We shop sometimes, but also LOVE just walking around in of the beauty of chicago. It will be freezing in Feb, but it's still fun to be in the city and just "be." Millenium Park is beautiful all year.

Dd was never really an American Girl kind of girl. She has 2 dolls that just sit in her room and collect dust. MIL bought them for her and she has been to the Cafe in NYC. I think she got them because of the hype of the other girls talking. Dd has always been a "My Little Pony" kind of girl!

The Hershey Store sounds great. She has been to the one in NYC and would probably love to go there - I think we may have a winner (but keep the ideas coming!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back