WAG Chin-Up Pullover Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gazelle

Gymnast
Hi all!

I'm really struggling to get a chin-up pullover and don't know what else to do in terms of conditioning or drills. I've scoured YouTube for additional drills, but the drills/conditioning I found and that were given to me in practice are now easy and the chinup pullover (or even just a perfect, legs together pullover) is still out of reach. I'd love any suggestions!

Here's what I've tried and can do:
-pullups
-pullups in an L (+with foam block)
-L-hold with chin above the bar (5x20s)
-dips, V-ups, wall/bar hang to toes on bar, L holds, pistols, candles, etc.
-candle hold on low bar (upside down, holding bar near hips where it'd be mid-pullover)
-reverse pullover (not sure if this is an official 'drill', but basically I start in support, fall forward, and end in a chin over the bar L hang (never 'dropping') as slowly as possible)
^^More, but I think these are the most relevant

Bars skills I do have: (kinda sloppy) pullover, cast, back hip circle, squat on, toe circle, sole circle dismount, tap swings, glide swing, half turn dismount (not sure if that's the right name)

What am I missing?

How many pull ups and leg lifts you can do? How long can you hold a candlestick-, V- and L -holds on bars? Sounds like you are working hard so I'm sure you will get it soon. You can test yourself every week so you can see how you are improving.

Just to post an update.... finally got my first chin-up pullover yesterday! I didn't make any progress until I started focusing on doing the toes-to-bars conditioning exercise and trying to get my toes higher than just the bar (ie, knees to bars / hips to bars) with straight arms as conditioning + L-Pullups. So excited :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back