Chn Ub Spoiler Alert!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

He K. not in such a great mood having a fall on UB's in the prelims (15.725). Yang Yilin beat her (16.65). Interesting to see who ends up in the finals now...

where are you watching? it doesn't look as though nbc's website is actually showing anything online, at least I didn't see men last night nor right now are they showing prelims. is the online schedule listed elsewhere not accurate, or is that for a different website?

~Katy

I saw the results for each rotation on NBC olympics.com but havent see any videos.. or comments.. I was wondering where you found that as well

I guess it's a little late now with round 1 over! Guess I'll check back in a half hour and see if they show USA on NBCOlympics.com

I've not seen much elite gym this quad, what are generally considered to be good B scores on each event? I feel like below 9.0 would be low, but looking at the results B scores under 9.0 looks common on UB in particular.

~Katy

Last edited:
Ooops...

Bar finals are going to be interesting.

Tweddle almost lost it on her healy into the Markelov

Nastia on her butt on her dismount...and no gift from the judges

He Kexin on her butt after pak....

and all will probably be in finals.

Memmel's only chance is gone.

all in a few hours. That's some serious Olympic Drama!

I got up at 5 am to watch it and could only watch Romania and China!!!

He Kexin was fantastic up until the fall. China looked a little wobbly on beam though. Two girls fell off on their full spins during warm up according to the commentator.

Tell me about it!!!

Ooops...

Bar finals are going to be interesting.

Tweddle almost lost it on her healy into the Markelov

Nastia on her butt on her dismount...and no gift from the judges

He Kexin on her butt after pak....

and all will probably be in finals.

Memmel's only chance is gone.

all in a few hours. That's some serious Olympic Drama!

That also totally sucks that Sam sprained her ankle in warm-ups!!! Well, hopefully the US women got all the shakes out yesterday and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm crossing my fingers!!!

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNman000&utm_id=7924

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart broke for Chels.... it was a really rough comp all around.

Nast's beam looked like it suffered after her UB's - she was just not herself. I was a little disappointed.

I really wanted to stay up to watch Russia, but could not make it... Appears that Kesenia S was a stable as usual on UB's,

and what about Anastasia Koval? - I have see her bars before, and was never overly impressed. Yet, here she pulled off a surprise due to all of the UB falls. Can't wait to see it all again today :D

Still after prelims - AA individual

1. Shawn Johnson (US)
2. Nastia Liukin (US)
3. Yang Yilin (CHN)
4. Kesenia Semenova (RUS)
5. Anna Pavlova (RUS)
6. Ksenia Afanasyeva (RUS)
7. Jiang Yuyuan (CHN)

Last edited:
Who all made AA:
1.Johnson(USA)
2.Liukin(USA)
3.Yang(CHN)
4.Senyonova(RUS)
5.Pavlova(Rus)
6.Yuyuan(CHN)
7.Nistor(ROU)
8.Barbosa(BRA)
9.Izbasa(ROU)
10.Chusovitina(GER)
11.Morgan(AUS)
12.Tsurumi(JPN)
13.Bonora(AUS)
14.Hopfner-Hibbs(CAN)
15.Petit(FRA)
16.Ferrari(ITA)
17.Dugain(FRA)
18.Parolari(ITA)
19.Downie(GBR)
20.Kaslin(SUI)
21.Palesova(CZE)
22.Oshima(JPN)
23.Silva(BRA)
24.Mys(BEL)

p.s. those are not there actuall placings!

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Gymnasts who made top 24, but wont be able to go to the AA:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Ksenia Afanasyeva(RUS)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Deng Linlin(correct?)(CHN)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Ekaterina Kramarenko(RUS)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Bridget Sloan(USA)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Anamaria Tamirjan(ROU)[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]poor girls[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thrilled for all the women who made it to the finals, but I am especially happy for Elyse Hopfner-Hibbs of Canada.

Floor EF:

1.Cheng Fei(CHN)
2.Izbasa(ROU)
3.Johnson(USA
4.Liukin(USA)
5.Santos(BRA)
6.Kramarenko(RUS)
7.Pavlova(RUS)
8.Yuyuan(CHN)

Yay Nastia!! Poor Alicia!

Bars EF:
1.Yilin(CHN)
2.Semyonova(RUS)
3.Koval(UKR)
4.Nistor(ROU)
5.Liukin(USA)
6.Kexin(CHN)
7.Zgoba(UKR)
8.Tweddle(GBR)

Bars was a mess!! Beth was underscored. I think it was so they could get He in but then everyone was falling so they stopped.

Vault:
1.Cheng(CHN)
2.Un Jong(PRK)
3.Sacramone(USA)
4.Chusovitina(GER)
5.Pavlova(RUS)
6.Giovanni(ITA)
7.Barbosa(BRA)
8.Kaslin(SUI)

Beam EF:

1.Shanshan(CHN)
2.Liukin(USA)
3.Johnson(USA)
4.Fei(CHN)
5.Pavlova(RUS)
6.Afanasyeva(RUS)
7.Dragoi(ROU)
8.Tsurumi(JPN) YAY JAPAN!!!

All are there actual placing except for beam becuase many were taken out because two per country rule like Sacramone, Semyonova, Linlin, Sloan, and Yillin.

Ok - question - can someone explain vault to me. When looking at the vault places all the ones with 2 vaults were above the ones with one vault even if the scores are lower. To qualify for event finals on vault do you have to do 2 different vaults? If so does anyone know why Shawn Johnson doesn't do 2 vaults? She always has one of the highest vault scores???

Yes, you do have to do two different vaults to qualify for vault finals, and I have no idea why Shawn (or anyone other than Alicia) doesn't have two different vaults.

Can someone please tell us where you guys were watching this because I was up as it was happening and nothing was on t.v. as far as I could see. It was all repeats of Sat. nights primetime coverage.

Also, I saw the scores on the nbc site, but no descriptions of what happened (quick hits), and there was nothing on the usag website either (other than the link to the scores on nbc).

Why is Shawn only in 2 EF's and Nastia is in 3???

Floor EF:

1.Cheng Fei(CHN)
2.Izbasa(ROU)
3.Johnson(USA
4.Liukin(USA)
5.Santos(BRA)
6.Kramarenko(RUS)
7.Pavlova(RUS)
8.Yuyuan(CHN)

Yay Nastia!! Poor Alicia!

Bars EF:
1.Yilin(CHN)
2.Semyonova(RUS)
3.Koval(UKR)
4.Nistor(ROU)
5.Liukin(USA)
6.Kexin(CHN)
7.Zgoba(UKR)
8.Tweddle(GBR)

Bars was a mess!! Beth was underscored. I think it was so they could get He in but then everyone was falling so they stopped.

Vault:
1.Cheng(CHN)
2.Un Jong(PRK)
3.Sacramone(USA)
4.Chusovitina(GER)
5.Pavlova(RUS)
6.Giovanni(ITA)
7.Barbosa(BRA)
8.Kaslin(SUI)

Beam EF:

1.Shanshan(CHN)
2.Liukin(USA)
3.Johnson(USA)
4.Fei(CHN)
5.Pavlova(RUS)
6.Afanasyeva(RUS)
7.Dragoi(ROU)
8.Tsurumi(JPN) YAY JAPAN!!!

All are there actual placing except for beam becuase many were taken out because two per country rule like Sacramone, Semyonova, Linlin, Sloan, and Yillin.

I thought Shawn would be in Vault EF's?? So Nastia is the only American with a chance to medal in 3 EF's and Shawn only 2????? Confused::confused:

Yes, you do have to do two different vaults to qualify for vault finals, and I have no idea why Shawn (or anyone other than Alicia) doesn't have two different vaults.

Can someone please tell us where you guys were watching this because I was up as it was happening and nothing was on t.v. as far as I could see. It was all repeats of Sat. nights primetime coverage.

Also, I saw the scores on the nbc site, but no descriptions of what happened (quick hits), and there was nothing on the usag website either (other than the link to the scores on nbc).

CBC, Canadian, broadcast the whole thing last night live. I am not sure if US residents can access, but you can try.

Also there are many CCTV5 channels, online, that broadcast. Some of it is hit or miss as there are so many channels. If you look on the NBC veiwing schedule thread there are some channels listed.

NBC wants people to watch there tv coverage in primetime as it boosts their ratings. They will not put the meets online until after the broadcast.

Don't know if anyone mentioned, but TVR...the Romanian station was broadcasting all night. For whatever reason, they were obsessed with the GB team. They also focused on the Japanese...easily the cutest team on the floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back