Choreographing Routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

Over the past 3 weeks or so, my gym has started choreographing our routines. About 3 weeks ago, we started choreographing our beam routines, then the next week, we choreographed our bar routines, and this week, we started choreographing our floor routines. (My floor music is "Jump" by Van Halen :))

My gym usually doesn't start competing until January. But, this year, some of the girls at my gym are going to do a meet in late October.

Basically what I'm curious to know is when does your gym start choreographing or teaching you your routines for the upcoming competition season?

-Savannah

We choreograph summer and start competing around jan. But most girls keep their routines for at least 2 years. I've had my floor for what's going to be 3 years. We also get touch ups, I had a whole part changed and my ending.

We usually have our first real meet in December, level 7-10 get their routines end of August/ beginning of September. Although, we get music in June/July. (level 7/8 music is chosen for you, level 9/10 you pick three, coach has final decision) Compulsory girls get their routines in October, because move-ups/levels for them aren't chosen until September.

We have to choreograph our own beam routines, but the coaches will help if you can't think of anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back