Choreography fees?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymgramma

Just wondering what others are paying for optional level floor and beam routines? We just paid $150 for each....of course, the music was an additional cost

My floor routine was $135, which I think is a lot less expensive than most. Beam routines are $50 but I'm just going to make up my own - that's allowed at my gym but I don't think it's too common. And my music is free because it was used by someone at my gym 3 or 4 years ago and she just gave me the cd. :)

The choreographer at my gym charges $250 or $300, I can't remember. But it was way too much money for a routine I'll use for a year or two, so I just kept my old routine!

Just wondering what others are paying for optional level floor and beam routines? We just paid $150 for each....of course, the music was an additional cost

When DD got her L7 routine last summer we paid $350 for 2 hours + cost of music.

Nothing, the head coach does the routines and provides the music. Her hubby is a musician and he seems to have a never ending supply of great music. The girls make up their own beam routines with help from the coaches.

The girls get a new routine every two years, the girls from about L4 all have their own routines, though the younger ones often get recycled routines from the older girls.

Floor routine last year was $230 plus music. Even though it was more expensive than I would have liked, the choreography was very good and since the choreographer lives in the area, she would stop by the gym and watch all the girls she had done routines for about 1x/month(no charge for that). Beam was $70---again a very nice job on the choreo

We pay $100 for the floor routine + music. My coach does all the choreography and she also does the beam routines for free.

My DD is getting her first floor routine in a couple weeks. We are paying $250 for choreography + 3hrs. She is using music from another girl from our gym from last year so we get a break in that respect.

Floor routines usually cost between the $300-$325 range. In my opinion, that is crazy! Beam routines are made up by either the coaches or the gymnasts themselves. In the past we have had gymnasts make up their own routines for floor and it worked out fine. All those years of dance paid off for some! :)

wow our beam routines we have to pay for too $250 for 3 hours.
On both floor and beam I videoed so she could play it back later and learn it if she didn't get it all. I of course videoed the instructor.

We paid $250 plus $60 for her music last year. She will use the same routine this year with a few changes.

We did not have to pay extra for the beam routine, only because the girls choreographed their own routines with guidance from the beam coach. @@

The head coach at DD's team does all the choreography for beam and floor. I don't know exactly what she charges these days, but it used to be several hundred dollars.

I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were a choreographer, but I kind of feel like if the head coach does it the cost should be included in your normal tuition. She teaches the routines during practice. I've been around this gym for 10+ years and once a kid moves on (maybe 5 or 6 years) she gives that routine to someone else.

I completely understand if you are paying someone else to come in and do it.

Wow am I in the wrong line of business! I have a strong dance and gymnastic background, I would just need to know the requirements! At my gym the optionals coach does the routines and charges just for the privates to teach them, plus the music which ranges from like $25-$100 depending on how complex it is, the copyrights and how long it takes to cut and make it sound nice.

Yes, we brought in a woman who's done routines for the National team members (She's done routines for Dominique Dawes, Ashley Postell, and I can't remember who else). She is also a personal friend of my DD head coach...... so I guess we kind of expected the expenses! All I can say is that these routines sure better look great once the competition season starts! Just to clarify, I'm talking about the dancy parts, the tumbling part, well that's all up to the girls!

add the last paragragh

I paid $200-250 for my floor routine+ $50 dollars for the floor music. I will be keeping the music for 2 years, but I have to get my floor rechoreograph my routine, because last year I did level 7 with 2 passes and this year level 8 3 passes. For level 7 I spend like $100 for my beam routine. I'm most likely going to make my own this year.

I got my routine by the rec coach at my gym, who is a VERY good dancer and choreogragher. But my coach has an used to be elite gymnast come and do the floor routines and those are usally around $400 dollars+ music. Thats why I just got mine done by the rec coach!

Last edited:
I cannot remember exactly how much but it was between $150 and $200. That included choreography for floor and beam, and a mail-ordered piece of music that is "professionally" edited. Girls who struggle with the routine can pay for additional hours.

Over $500 with music and other fees. Not kidding in the slightest. Also needed to split cost of choreographer travel (cross country flight), lodging, etc. Best part is I only used one of the routines for a year, my coaches didn't like it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back